Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Revolve+ Volume Buttons not Working after 3.0.4 Update

I have a Revolve+ speaker that has been working fine since 02/2018. Recently I updated the software to 3.0.4. Since then, the volume buttons have not been working. The speaker works and connect to the Bluetooth source, but the volume stay the same at about mid power.  I tried resetting the whole unit and the BT connection several times, but nothing has changed.  Can you help me ?   Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Revolve+ Volume Buttons not Working after 3.0.4 Update

Hey FLHR, 

Welcome to the forums!

This does seem strange, just to confirm, is it the physical buttons on the speaker that are not working? Are you able to adjust the volume using the Bose Connect app at all? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Yes, it's the button on the speaker itself that are no longer working.

Highlighted

Are you able to control the volume via the app at all? 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Yes, if I use my phone, the button on the speaker are working. The source that is a not working is the Bluetooth output from the TV. It's a fix output. I tried another speaker (MiniJambox) and everything is working fine. The whole was working fine for two years up to the update.

Highlighted

Just to confirm, if the speaker is connected to your phone, the physical buttons on the speaker works? If it is connected to the TV, the buttons do not work? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Yes, and if the MiniJambox is connected to the TV, the button on the MiniJambox enable the volume to go up or down.

Highlighted

This will be down to the Bluetooth profiles used, it may be that the updated ones do not work with your TV box. As this speaker is not intended for use with a TV, I do not have any other steps we could try other than connecting the speaker via AUX to the TV. 

I am sorry that I was unable to assist more. 

If anyone in the community has any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Everything was working fine up to the update, is it possible to roll back the update ?

Highlighted

Hey @FLHR,

I do apologize but it's not possible to rollback the firmware version that your speaker is currently operating on. Please continue to attempt troubleshooting or test the speaker buttons with other devices to see if you notice any difference or improvement.