Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Revolve - Won't Hold A Charge

Hey guys - help me with this.  I am running out of ideas to try next.  I had two Revolve that were no holding a charge.  So I sent them both in for repair.  They came back and neither of them could still hold a charge.  So I sent them back again a second time.

This time I received two brand new speakers.  I upgraded both from v1 to v3 of the firmware.  I charged them both to 100%.  One of them I am still using, but the other one was turned off with the multifunction key.  I had thought this would totally power it off and use no battery at all.  After two days I turned it on and its at 60%.

I called Bose support and am getting mixed messages suggesting the powering it off with the normal power button uses less battery.  This does not make much sense to me as that option leaves it in BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) mode.

Anyhow, I've charged it back to 100% and will turn it off with the top button and see if it holds at 100% after one day this time.

Hard for me to believe that there continues to be a battery / circuit issue - this is a Jan 28, 2020 manufacturing date.  And I have no way now to check to see if it is a firmware issue as both units have already been upgraded - I would have to send them back a third time....

Any ideas, suggestions, or similar experiences?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Revolve - Won't Hold A Charge

Update so far - the unit which went to 60% when turned off with the multifunction key has been off and unused since yesterday and is still at 100%.  I don't understand it but I will monitor it for a few more days.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Revolve - Won't Hold A Charge

Next update - both Revolves are still at 100% using the top power button.  So I really have no explanation for why one of them went to 60%.  using power by turning it off with the multifunction key does not make sense.