Revolve + and Alexa

SOLVED
Silent Starter

Revolve + and Alexa

Apologies if I have missed the answer in another section.

I am sure I have seen that The Revolve + and Amazon Alexa can be linked together to create Stereo(Party Mode).

They are linked and work well and only the Revolve+ will play which is correct.

So can they be joined to play stereo?

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: Revolve + and Alexa

Hi!

So to clarify, you cannot use one echo and one Bose speaker. 

You can connect any configuration of the speakers Jeff mentioned, above in pairs. For example, one SoundLink Micro paired in Stereo/ Party mode with a SoundLink Revolve. 

You can connect an Echo to one of the speakers and it will play in Stereo with the other speaker. 

I hope this makes sense! 

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

4 REPLIES 4
Wistful Whiz

@BigkapI am not a Bose employee and perhaps the answer is different but from all my post readings here, my understanding is that to use Party or Stereo mode both devices have to be exactly the same. I have two Revolves (not +s) and I use them for stereo mode.

Hi Bigkap, 

Welcome to the Bose Community forum. Thank you for your post.

This would work by pairing the Amazon Echo device to the Master speaker, then performing a Party or Stereo Mode setup to broadcast to both Bose speakers. 

This link will show you how to use Stereo or Party Mode.

I can confirm that you can set this up to work with any configuration of the following: 

- SoundLink Revolve
- SoundLink Revolve+
- SoundLink Micro

- SoundLink Color II

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

Just to confirm so we are all on the same page ---- you need two identical speakers for Party and Stereo mode.  The Echo is NOT a speaker - it is just the conduit from the Internet to one of two identical Bose speakers which have both been put into Party/Stereo mode.  I was unsure myself with the original question whether the poster (or others of us) thought that the echo can play music and participate by itself with another single Bose speaker in party/stereo mode.   It could have been a misunderstanding on my part.

Hi!

So to clarify, you cannot use one echo and one Bose speaker. 

You can connect any configuration of the speakers Jeff mentioned, above in pairs. For example, one SoundLink Micro paired in Stereo/ Party mode with a SoundLink Revolve. 

You can connect an Echo to one of the speakers and it will play in Stereo with the other speaker. 

I hope this makes sense! 

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Kindest, 

Jessie O