Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Revolve + disconnecting after 20 Minutes - Windows 10

Suddenly since last week, my boss revolve plus keeps disconnecting from my Windows 10 laptop every 20 minutes. I checked my laptop with other bluetooth speakers and it works fine. I also tested this speaker with an andriod mobile and it works file. 
The speaker has been updated to the latest firmware version but the problem still persists.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Revolve + disconnecting after 20 Minutes - Windows 10

Hey @Kishore, welcome to the Bose Community!

It's strange that only the connection between your laptop and your SoundLink Revolve+ is exhibiting this problem. It's great that you tested other devices to specify the problem is between this connection only.

Let's start by clearing the Bluetooth pairing list. Hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, on your laptop, and all previously connected devices, delete the speaker from the Bluetooth list.

Now reconnect. Do you still experience the disconnection after 20 minutes?

If you do, could you please answer the following questions:

- What sources are you listening to audio through?

- Does this specifically happen after 20 minutes or do the timings fluctuate?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I have the exact same issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Hey @Charlotte_G ,

I have the exact same issue, so I'll answer your questions, and add some info:

- What sources are you listening to audio through?

By source do you mean device? My Dell Laptop running latest Windows 10.

If you mean software streaming: I used Spotify and Google Meets they both had the same issue.

- Does this specifically happen after 20 minutes or do the timings fluctuate?

Yes, the speaker turns off after exactly 20 minutes.

It doesn't matter if I'm playing any audio or not, and it doesn't matter if I press anything on the speaker itself (hardware buttons) or I interact with the speaker from the computer (raise, lower volume).. no matter what, the speaker turns off after exactly 20 minutes. It feels like it turns off to save battery if it's idle which obviously is not the case.

I tried resetting the speaker to start from scratch (starting by choosing the language) and also removed and added the speaker on my devices, it still makes the same thing.

The issue seems to be only with my windows 10 laptop. Haven't tried it with my mobile phone, I'll try it now and let you know shortly.

Hope this issue is solved soon, otherwise, I'll simply return it and go for something else, I just bought the speaker and I don't want to run into troubles already 🙂

Cheers,

Maen

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

I have the exact same problem. Trying to use it with Zoom. Drops after 20 minutes. Very annoying.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Hi again @Charlotte_G @Kishore @Trexmac 

I found a fix here https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/support/article/turning-the-auto-off-feature-off-on-sl-revolve.html

It's to turn off the "auto off" feature which causing the speaker to turn off automatically after 20 minutes. Not sure if it's a solution though, cause this feature is made to save battery in case the speaker left idle for long time. I pressed Volume Plus and Source button above it for 10 seconds and heard the "Auto-off disabled" phrase.

I confirm though, that this issue doesn't appear when connected to mobile, only when connected to laptop. (Windows 10 most recent update in my case).

The feature currently seems to think that the speaker is idle although it's not. So disabling this feature is deactivating a malfunctioning feature, the real solution is to have a software update that would fix the behavior of the feature.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers,

Maen