Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Revolve stereo mode with AUX input from projector

I get great movie sound from my Revolve speaker with 3.5 mm AUX audio input from an Optoma short-throw projector. I’d like to connect to a second Revolve unit for a bigger sound and full stereo effect. Will this work? 

Discussions in this forum in 2017-18 highlighted latency issues affecting AUX input, which seem to have been fixed. However, Bose user information about stereo pairing doesn’t mention AUX audio sources, only Bluetooth signal coming directly from a phone or computer.  My current system in a small (12 x 14’) living room is a perfect pop-up cinema, with screen, projector and Revolve speaker very easy to set up and stash away. Stereo sound could be icing on the cake. Any advice from Bose technical team or Revolve users much appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Revolve stereo mode with AUX input from projector

Hi John RK!

Welcome to the community!

It is currently only possible to use stereo mode with a Bluetooth connection on the Revolve, so you wouldn't be able to do this using an AUX connection. If you did want to get stereo audio with an AUX connection to two speakers, you may be able to do this with a splitter cable, but it would need you to be able to split the signal to separate the left and right channels to do this.

If anyone in the community has some recommendations, or experience doing this it would be great to hear from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Revolve stereo mode with AUX input from projector

@John RKLet me expand a bit on Keith's suggestion as I do this with my two Revolves all the time since I can not rely on doing 'stereo' mode manually on the two speakers (I definately never remember the steps) when connected to my Dell laptop.

Almost all the 'splitter' cables you purchase merely split the signal so you end up with two outputs that have the exact same signal - the equivalent of "Party" mode.  You need a cable that sends the left and right channels (red and white equivalents) to the each of the cable connectors.

The "Hosa" accomplishes that - that is the cable I use.  Here is an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hosa-YMM-261-Stereo-Breakout-Splitter-Cable-Adapter-3-5mm-TRS-to-Dual-3-5mm...