drbond@verizon.net
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

I purchased a Sony PS-LX310BT Bluetooth turntable.  The volume buttons on the Revolve are not adjusting the output at all.  I used the Bose Updater with the Revolve connected to a computer to download the latest firmware.

I powered off and switched solely to battery power.  Turned on the Revolve, held down the multi-function button for 10 secs for a reset.  Still no changes with the volume settings.  These steps were per the instructions I found searching for similar issues.

If I connect an iphone or android device with its own volume buttons, the Revolve buttons also work in conjunction with either of those devices.
The issue is solely an issue with a non-adjustable volume component it appears.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

The Revolve, and BT devices in general are made with phones/tablets/computers in mind.  So they work with the operating systems there to control volume in other devices.

I think the majority of BT speakers/headphones won't be able to control Turntable/TV/other systems volumes as they do with phones.

Highlighted
jdumont
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Re: Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

Is there an update coming to the Bose Revolve so that the volume buttons actually work with the Sony PS-LX310BT?  I have the same problem, and it seems odd that the volume buttons on the Revolve actually don't control it's own volume???

Highlighted
jdumont
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Well as there doesn't seem to be a solution, we'll return it.  Anyone buying a BT turntable should be aware that Revolve has a bug and does not support them.

Highlighted
PP8888
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

I have exactly the same problem, just bought Bose Revolve today, specifically RECOMMENDED in the shop for Sony turntable 🙄.

Volume can’t be adjusted for turntable. After upgrading the firmware today and reseting it a few times I did make it work for iPhone. New product costing 200€! What happened to BOSE?