Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2019

Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

I purchased a Sony PS-LX310BT Bluetooth turntable.  The volume buttons on the Revolve are not adjusting the output at all.  I used the Bose Updater with the Revolve connected to a computer to download the latest firmware.

I powered off and switched solely to battery power.  Turned on the Revolve, held down the multi-function button for 10 secs for a reset.  Still no changes with the volume settings.  These steps were per the instructions I found searching for similar issues.

If I connect an iphone or android device with its own volume buttons, the Revolve buttons also work in conjunction with either of those devices.
The issue is solely an issue with a non-adjustable volume component it appears.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

The Revolve, and BT devices in general are made with phones/tablets/computers in mind.  So they work with the operating systems there to control volume in other devices.

I think the majority of BT speakers/headphones won't be able to control Turntable/TV/other systems volumes as they do with phones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Re: Revolve volume controls not working with Sony PS-LX310BT bluetooth turntable

Is there an update coming to the Bose Revolve so that the volume buttons actually work with the Sony PS-LX310BT?  I have the same problem, and it seems odd that the volume buttons on the Revolve actually don't control it's own volume???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 31, 2019

Well as there doesn't seem to be a solution, we'll return it.  Anyone buying a BT turntable should be aware that Revolve has a bug and does not support them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2020

I have exactly the same problem, just bought Bose Revolve today, specifically RECOMMENDED in the shop for Sony turntable 🙄.

Volume can’t be adjusted for turntable. After upgrading the firmware today and reseting it a few times I did make it work for iPhone. New product costing 200€! What happened to BOSE?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Mine is also not working with the revolve. The sound is minimal and won’t adjust. My Sony headphones connect and the sound is great. I only recently bought the Bose Revolve and it’s disappointing that this has no solution. Any chance of updating in order to work with this turntable¿

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Hey, 

I just purchased the Sony Bluetooth Turntable and connected my Revolve but volume is stuck. 

Assuming you didn't hear back from Bose? 

Very annoying!

Dan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

I purchased the Sony turntable as a gift for my lady and was trying very hard to raise the volume but could not. Luckily I have a few Bose products in my home so I tried several.

QC 35II worked flawlessly 

NC 700 also incredible 

bose wave music system with a Bose bluetooth adapter attached was mind blowingly the best of the bunch.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

I also just bought a Bose revolve for my Sony LX310BT and I am also extremely disappointed about it not being able to increase (amplify) the volume. 

Both devices are sync, so there is not an issue on getting them paired but the volume is low and stuck, does not go either up or down.

So frustrating to see that happening those days between 2 big companies!

I wish I had read this forum before buying the Revolve!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I just got a Sony Bluetooth Stereo Turntable to use with my Bose Revolve.The Bose pair with the turntable easily, but the volume controls not change the volume when paired.

Same problem of others members in the community. 

So sad there’s no solution right a way from Bose. The cheaper bt speaker that I have in home work perfectly instead. 

I had also notice that I have the same issue using the speaker with iPhone, while reproducing tv programs with skyGo.