Revolve+ would not charge after firmware update

I did a firmware update thru app on my iphone

after update, the speaker would not charge

it is now dead as the battery is flat

any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Revolve+ would not charge after firmware update

Hey @LowTeckLin, welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that your SoundLink Revolve is no longer charging. 

Do you see any LEDs on the speaker at all? Please could you go to btu.bose.com on a computer and attempt to manually update the firmware incase of any errors with the over-the-air update.

Let me know if this changes anything.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Revolve+ would not charge after firmware update

@LowTeckLinWhen you plug in the USB cable into the back of the Revolve to charge you need to hear the two lower and higher beeps.  If you don't hear it, the unit will not charge.  That is necessary but not sufficient.  You also need to do the charging with a 2 amp USB port (brick to wall or two lightning bolt port on a battery charger.  Do not use a computer or monitor USB.

As you can read in
https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Latest-Revolve-Charging-Issue/m-p/549183#M18116

Something is causing the unit to not accept the incoming power.  I actually measured it with a device I placed between the charging unit and the USB cable.

So if you can get the current flowing to the Revolve it will charge.  I do not believe there is anything wrong with your battery and a repeat firmware upgrade could 'fix' your issue and if so great - but it may not.

If firmware upgrading does not help, look at the above post and try out that stuff.