TJPLondon
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

S1 Pro or two Revolve Plus?

Hi there

My name is Tim and I am new to the Bose Community.

I have been using two Bose Revolve Plus Portable bluetooth devices (linked together to play in stereo) for informal get togethers and parties, indoors and outdoors.

But every now and again I feel I need a little more power (whilst maintaining audio quality), so have been looking at, amongst others, the Bose S1 Pro.

How would the Bose S1 Pro compare to my current set up?

Would it give me more power and volume (albeit I'd lose the stereo effect).

Does it actually deliver 11 hours battery life or is that a bit optimistic?

Would really appreciate the Community's advice : )

Thanks

Tim

2 REPLIES 2
Warchild
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Re: S1 Pro or two Revolve Plus?

Hi Tim,

The S1 Pro is a portable PA device.  It will have much more power and depth of sound than a pair of Revolve Plus. Regarding the battery charge life, like any portable product the charge life will depend on how much volume you drive.  The louder you run it the shorter the charge life will be due to the increase in current required to drive it.  At full blast you'll probably get around 6 or 7 hours of constant use from a full charge.  At low to medium levels you'd get 11 hours.

TJPLondon
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Re: S1 Pro or two Revolve Plus?

Thanks Warchild; that really helpful.

I'd be solely using it as a Bluetooth speaker for personal events but the advice online (reviews etc) is somewhat contradictory.

Many pro musicians discourage its purchase as a 'boom box' but the Bose website clearly markets it as PA system AND and a portable bluetooth speaker (for parties and events).

I am now happy to proceed with a purchase : )

Thanks again.
Tim