S1 pro battery not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

S1 pro battery not working

Hello, I have just purchased a new S1 pro, and I am loving it so far, but I am experiencing some problems. Everything works perfectly, except for the battery, that is not charging. I have charged it a few times, on both fast charge or regular, but anytime I unplug the AC cable, it just goes off. Does anyone know what might be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJeff_G

Accepted Solutions

Re: S1 pro battery not working

Hello ppedrofonseca,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your S1 Pro. 

I would recommend that you update your system to the latest firmware 7.0.11 which should address this problem! 

You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com and following the on-screen instructions. 

Get back to me if you have any further problems and I will be happy to assist. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

5 REPLIES 5

Hello ppedrofonseca,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your S1 Pro. 

I would recommend that you update your system to the latest firmware 7.0.11 which should address this problem! 

You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com and following the on-screen instructions. 

Get back to me if you have any further problems and I will be happy to assist. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Mine is having the same isssue.  I updated to the new firmware and both of my brand new units won't charge.

Hello DjPatrickButler,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with your S1. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, I would suggest trying a product reset since the update has not worked for you.

Perform a system reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the system off
  2. If the battery is installed, remove it
  3. Unplug the power stand power cord from the power outlet. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord and battery
  5. Retest the system

You should also try putting the product into Quick Charge mode to see if that makes any difference, I am also interested to know what the LED indicator is showing as?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards, 

Zoe C

Silent Starter

My battery for my S1 pro isn’t charging also. Did the update and the unplug remove battery for 30 seconds procedure and it still doesn’t work on battery. What’s the problem?

Hello Sneeker69,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

If you have tried the recommended troubleshooting as per the above, please reach out to support in your country for further assistance. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G