Highlighted
Rafaelsgarbulho
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

SL mini II Red blinking, not turning on, neither upgrading to 1.1.4

My brand new Soundlink mini II bought to party during xmas has made me happy until a week ago when the red light keeps blinking while plugged charging. and when not plugged, it is all off, and will never turn on nor do anything, completely died.

Considerations:

1. Tried rebooting processor (holding multi-function button etc) - not solved
  2. tried upgrading to 1.1.4 using even advanced mode. it gets 100% but goes back to same stage
  3. Interesting point is that when it is about in 76% the speaker sounds and shows orange light and beeps as it had been resolved! but then when at 83% it goes bad to the red blinking light again
  4. I live in Brazil and bought it importing from Amazon.
  5. how luck I am to get this fixed,
  6. how much I deserve a fix by not buying a jbl for half price in Brazil, and stay with my great Bose? ?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SL mini II Red blinking, not turning on, neither upgrading to 1.1.4

Hello Rafaelsgarbulho,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing a battery issue with your SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker. I'd love to help.

You've taken some great troubleshooting steps already. Let's also try putting the speaker into ship mode. Please follow these steps to do this:

1. Connect the speaker to a power outlet

2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds

3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power

4. Release the Multi-function button.

To wake the product from Ship mode, connect it to an AC (mains) outlet.

Also, try updating the speaker again. Sometimes there may be an error during installation. Please visit https://btu.bose.com on your computer to do this. 

Should you have no success with these steps, I would recommend reaching our Brazil support team to see if they can help in any way. If not, I would recommend reaching back to Amazon for a return.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.