Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

SLIII not playing sound when try to connect from iPhone

Hi ... I tried connecting my iPhone to my Soundlink III today to play music and I couldn't get it to play sound.  The My iPhone 7 Plus says it's connected.  It shows the SLIII Bluetooth connection when I look at my bluetooth devices (the white light on the SLIII speaker says it's connected).  When I try to push the music over to the SLIII, it shows that ios 13.4.1 is recognizing it as "headphones" rather than a speaker.  So, my sense is that it's trying to play the music to non-existent wireless headphones.  And I've already tried resetting the SLIII by holding the mute button for 10 seconds per the instructions I found in the online support documentation with no luck.  I've deleted the SLIII from the bluetooth device list, told it to forget the device and repaired it also without fixing the problem.  I've never had this problem before.  Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: SLIII not playing sound when try to connect from iPhone

Hi there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your SLIII. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Have you tried clearing the pairing list on the speaker? You can do this by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Once complete, forget the device on the source device and try connecting again. 

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Yes, as I mentioned, I already repaired (more than once).  That's why I'm looking for another solution.

Highlighted

Hi Ksday71,

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I understand that you have repaired from your original post, I just wanted to confirm that you had deleted the pairing from your source device. 

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend getting in touch with your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your county, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help you!

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.