Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

SOLUTION - Soundlink Mini II Special Edition Beeps When Charging

I found a solution to stop my new Soundlink Mini II Special Edition from beeping when charging!

This speaker seems to be "Picky" when it comes to the wall Charger used when charging.  As you know, the new Soundlink Mini II does not come with a charging cradle or wall charger, but does include a USB-Type C Cable.  So you are left to use a wall charger for what you have for your other devices, like your Smartphone.  When I first attempted to charge mine, I used a stock Samsung 5V-1.0a Wall Charger.  The speaker would beep twice, one high beep and one low beep. Very annoying!  I then tried an Adaptive Fast Charger, 9V-1.67a / 5V-2.0a, which I later found out you DO NOT want to use. It charged from 20% to 40%, then started the beeping again.  I then plugged it into my Lenovo W540 laptop, and surprise, charged with no beeping. I still wanted a wall charger option, so I tried yet another wall charger I had.  This time a stock Sansumg 5V-2.0a wall charger.  Another success, charged somewhat fast with no beeps.

My bottomline.  I believe that the only wall charger that works for this speaker is a 5V-2.0a.  I've gone through several charging cycles with no problem.  I hope this helps all of you that just bought this speaker as I found no topics or answers that dircectly helped.

Good Luck!

RickyRick

2 REPLIES 2
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

Re: SOLUTION - Soundlink Mini II Special Edition Beeps When Charging

Thanks for sharing that. I had the same issue, just swapped to my standard iPhone small cube charger, and that solved it. 

Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Re: SOLUTION - Soundlink Mini II Special Edition Beeps When Charging

So apparently you should not use a charger that is greater than 1.6a. So I found a original Bose 5v 1.6a charger on Ebay for around $14.