MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

SOUNDLINK ADAPTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO WAVE TO BLUETOOTH

Bose product name

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Portable Home Speaker, etc.)

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

9 REPLIES 9
MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Re: SOUNDLINK ADAPTER WILL NOT CONNECT TO WAVE TO BLUETOOTH

I HAVE A BOSE SOUNDLINK.  I'M TRYING TO CONNECT TO MY IPHONE OR IPad. I have the Soundlink plug into the back of my Wave sound system.  I also have a power cord for it.  

However, When I select Auxiliary, as required by the directions, I hold down the #5 key but nothing happens.

I can't get the Wave to display "connecting" or searching to Bluetooth like it used to.

What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Thank you for your reply.

I have the music wave system.  On the back, it's has a "Bose Link" receptacle. 

I purchased the Wave Bluetooth Music Adapter  (power 5v).  In the past, when Pairing a bluetooth device, I was able to insert the SoundLink adapter, press the Aux button until BLUETOOTH appears on the Wave System display panel.  Then I pressed and held down the Preset 5 button for 5 seconds.  The indicator on the display flashed DISCOVERABLE and then I would pair it w/ my iPhone 8, iPad Air or MAC.  Really any bluetooth device.

Now, the adapter seems like it doesn't work, but I know it does b/c I have another Wave system and it works on that one.  

Could my Wave system be broken? In that it can no longer read the adapter?  

Any thoughts w/b great appreciated.  Mike

Jeff_G

Hi Mary, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'd be happy to help with this. 

Can you please check the system info of your Wave System and confirm the software version to ensure it's set up to work with your Bluetooth adapter correctly? 

1. On the remote control, press and hold the Alarm Time button until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system display
  2. While -SETUP MENU- is displayed, press and hold the 6 button for six seconds until the software version appears below the clock
  3. Press the Alarm Time button to exit the menu.

In addition to this, there is a 16-17 digit serial number found on the underneath of the system. Please enter it on this website then confirm the exact model name here. (do not share the serial number on this thread.)

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Thanks again for your help.  Much appreciated.

I posted the s/n into the suggested website and it says I have a Bose Wave Music System.

I also performed the suggested steps to get the software version:  It's 030 10 10827 1541

Please let me know what else I can do to get this working.  Thank you.  Mary.

Vicky_W

@MryMcbrat, Your Wave system requires software version 03.00.00 or later. Have you updated the system since you had it at all? This would have been completed with an update disk?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Vicky:  Thank you for your reply!!!!

I haven't updated the software since I've had it  Can u send me an update disk?

I'm surprised I need to update the software b/c it used to work just fine.

Oh well. I'll try anything to get it working.

Thanks again, and please advise how to update the software.  Mary.

Marvin_B

Hi Mary.

Thank you for getting back to us. Looking at the firmware version you have given, it looks like that you have an updated one.

I would suggest that you try to clear the product memory of paired Bluetooth devices and then try pairing it again.

If using the accessory SoundLink adapter:

1. Power on your product and select the SoundLink source
  2. On the remote control, press and hold the button for 10 seconds until a descending tone is heard.
    Tip: You might hear other tones while holding the button. Wait until a descending tone is heard after about 10 seconds, then release the button.

Once the memory is cleared, the adapter reconnects with the SoundLink USB key.

Let us know.

MaryMcbrat
Participant
Registered since

May 22, 2021

Sorry, that didn't work.  My Wave system is doesn't show that is "discoverable". I held down the #6 key for 10 seconds but nothing happens.  Any other ideas?  

Jessie_O

Hey MaryMcbrat, 

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has not resolved your issue. At this point, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for support as it sounds as though you may need a service. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can to assist you!