Highlighted
yddl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

SOUNDLINK MINI II auto power off happens whether the option is enabled or disabled

Hi everyone,

The auto power off "option" that it is supposedly possible to turn off (by pressing + and BT at the same time) doesn't prevent the speaker from turning itself off after 30 min while plugged on AUX audio. 

I asked about this on the phone with Bose support and their answer is that it always turns off "for security". When pressed to explain the difference between the enabled mode and disabled mode, the guy simply repeated "it turns off after 30 min".

I had to give up this quiproquo after 3 attempts and I'm now taking the problem here to be mulled over by the better collective mind.

Does anyone have a clue what happens when you disable "auto power off"?

And more importantly, does anynoe know how to keep my speaker active after 30min without any input while in auxiliary mode?

I'm plugging an mp3 player into it with an alarm clock feature. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SOUNDLINK MINI II auto power off happens whether the option is enabled or disabled

Hello yddl, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with the auto-off feature of your SoundLink Mini speaker.

I would like to direct you to this post > Auto power down -- Soundlink Mini. Moderator @Ben_E discusses the possibility of having the SoundLink Mini I as appose to the SoundLink Mini II. 

If you do in fact have the series II version, let me know and we can look into this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

yddl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Re: SOUNDLINK MINI II auto power off happens whether the option is enabled or disabled

Nope, MINI II, as stated in the title

Hello yddl,

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming this. 

Could you please ensure that your speaker is running the latest available firmware. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com.

Let me know once you have done this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G