Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Sending sound to two Bose Revolve+ and an Amazon Echo?

I have two Revolve+ speakers, which can be paired in party mode. I also have an Amazon Echo, which I am using as separate Bluetooth speaker (i.e I am not connecting to it through the Alexa app, but directly through my devices Bluetooth). 
I am using an android device which has dual Bluetooth output mode. 

When I connect using the dual output mode to the Echo and one of the Bose speakers, the sound is perfect. 

When I pair the two Bose speakers together, I am still able to get sound in all 3 speakers, but now the Bose speakers are out of synch (time/beat wise) with the Echo, and the sound gets messy as a result. 

Is there anyway to mitigate this? 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Sending sound to two Bose Revolve+ and an Amazon Echo?

Hi Alex Kinman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

The setup you have is quite unique and maybe what is causing your sync issues. Let me explain. Your audio sync issues are happening as the source device is connected to one speaker and your Echo, the signal will need to be sent to the second Revolve +. The first Revolve + needs to send the signal to the second one so it delays the signal being played until they can play together in unison once the signal is sent over and decoded. Whereas, the echo will play the signal straight away. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing in our app or otherwise to mitigate this unless you can do this on your source device. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

My question hopefully is easier. I am trying to pair my two Bose Revolve+ speakers to the Alexa and cannot get it to work. No problem pairing one. But how do you pair two speakers to Alexa so that I can listen to Amazon music over my 2 bluetooth speakers?

Community Manager

Hey @jeffott1957 and welcome to the Community.

Are you pairing the two Revolve+ speakers together using Stereo/Party modes? You'll find more information about this via our website here.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

yes I am pairing the two speakers using party mode and they work fine with my phone as the music source but when I switch to Alexa as the music source, I can only get one of the speakers to pair with Alexa.

Community Manager

@jeffott1957 - We'll only need the third-party device (in this instance an Echo/Dot I'm assuming?) to pair with one of the SoundLink Revolves. Then, when the two devices are paired together, I'd initiate Party mode to group both speakers together.

Can you walk us through your current process for initiating music playback? The more detail you can go to, including the Amazon devices you're using, the better. 🙂

Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

I pair a speaker with Alexa Echo. Then I tell Alexa to play music. Then I use Party to try and pair the second speaker to the one that is playing.

Thanks for clarifying that for us jeffott1957.

When you are trying to do this, is the second speaker connected to another Bluetooth device, like your phone, at all? If so try disconnecting the speaker from that device before starting the party mode pairing.

It would also be interesting to know if you are able to set up party mode while the Alexa is not playing any music, then start the music playing once everything is connected together. 

As party mode is working with your phone, this may not be necessary but it would definitely also be worth making sure both speakers are fully up to date by using our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how this goes!

Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Alexa Echo plays thru one speaker no problem. When I try and party the second one, the Echo stops playing on the Bose speaker and reverts the music playback thru the Echo.

My phone can play through both speakers in party mode with no problem.

When I add the Echo to the pairing, it only pairs with one and the other speaker stops playing.

It seems that the Bose speaker in party mode are only able to play when the music source is coming from my phone or computer. 

My goal was to use the Echo to play music to both speakers just because using the Echo is soooo easy. When I bought the two speakers I was counting on the Echo being able to talk to one and the party feature to play the second speaker.