Country Ireland

Firmware Version

Unknown, purchased March 2019

App Version

Unknown

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Not charging. Tried different leads, different wall connectors. Tried 

holding down button to reset. Tried updating from BOSE site, it fails to load. Connects to devices, like PC, IPad, IPhone and plays well. Volume controls ok. It worked fine till yesterday, now “Battery Medium” message. When switched on, orange light shows for 2 seconds, then blank. Language selects ok. Devices connect ok. 

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Service support for non charging Soundlink Colour 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Amartin

Hello Amartin, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speaker. 

You mentioned you were unable to update. Have you tried using a different USB cable*, USB port, web browser or computer? These can all play a factor in the Bose Updater not registering.

* The reason I mentioned another USB cable for updating is that not all Micro USB cables feature data lines, so if the computer doesn't detect the speaker, it's possible the cable was designed specifically for charging only.

I'd recommend trying this first and if the problem continues, please visit this link to seek service.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Service support for non charging Soundlink Colour 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Amartin

Hello Amartin, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your speaker. 

You mentioned you were unable to update. Have you tried using a different USB cable*, USB port, web browser or computer? These can all play a factor in the Bose Updater not registering.

* The reason I mentioned another USB cable for updating is that not all Micro USB cables feature data lines, so if the computer doesn't detect the speaker, it's possible the cable was designed specifically for charging only.

I'd recommend trying this first and if the problem continues, please visit this link to seek service.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post