Highlighted
stone2
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Should I update firmware on new Soundlink Mini 2 SE

Speaker shipped with 1.0.4 and 1.0.8 is available on update page. Anyone know what the release notes are? Seen lots of post stating sound degradation after firmware update. Too scared to update as it seems to be working fine but only had it one day so far. Can't see the point if its working and sounding fine. Also have seen people mention firmware versions of 1.1.4. Will I have to do multiple updates to get to 1.1.4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Should I update firmware on new Soundlink Mini 2 SE

Author Accepted Answer selected by stone2

Hello stone2,

Thanks for posting!

Update 1.0.8 fixes an issue with the speakerphone functionality when declining an incoming call from the speaker that would result in a loud noise. This is the latest update for the SoundLink Mini II Special Edition. Firmware version 1.1.4 is just for the standard SoundLink Mini II. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by stone2

Hello stone2,

Thanks for posting!

Update 1.0.8 fixes an issue with the speakerphone functionality when declining an incoming call from the speaker that would result in a loud noise. This is the latest update for the SoundLink Mini II Special Edition. Firmware version 1.1.4 is just for the standard SoundLink Mini II. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
stone2
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks very much for that explanation.

Regards 🙂