tina_2715
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

Smart Home Speaker Charging Cradle

Bose product name

Portable Home Speaker Charging Cradle

Hi,

I bought this charging cradle in David Jones last January as it was on sale. However, I only started to try using it today but it seems it’s not working! Can I just quickly check how do you use to charge? There isn’t any instructions included.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Smart Home Speaker Charging Cradle

Author Accepted Answer selected by tina_2715

Thanks for coming back to us tina_2715. 

The charging base does need to be connected to power at all times. The charging base was designed to make it easier to put the speaker on charge and remove it from charge. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Hey @tina_2715, thanks for posting! 

Sorry to hear that your Portable Home Speaker charging cradle doesn't seem to be working. Once you've plugged it in, you should just be able to place the speaker on the cradle and it will begin charging. You can see an example of this here (01:02).

Are you able to charge the speaker with the cable directly?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
tina_2715
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

Thank you Charlotte!

I think I am getting it now. Yes, I can confirm that it is working following the video you’ve sent. So, the way it is being used is, it still needs to be connected to the power outlet when in use (always) for charging the speaker? Because my initial impression was, it needs to be charged by connecting to a power outlet and once it’s full then you may dock your speaker there for charging cable-free. 

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by tina_2715

Thanks for coming back to us tina_2715. 

The charging base does need to be connected to power at all times. The charging base was designed to make it easier to put the speaker on charge and remove it from charge. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

View solution in original post

tina_2715
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

Now I get it. All the while I thought I can use it as a purpose similar to “power bank” for my speaker which isn’t the actual case. Very much minimal benefit I’d say. Thank you so much Charlotte! 🙂