Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Smartphone not recognizing Portable Home Speaker

Hi 

I just downloaded BOSE MUSIC APP, but my from my smartphone (Android 7), it does not recognize my new PORTABLE HOME SPEAKER

I've read that only Android 5 could find problems in the connection, so why does not the APP on my phone  connect?

Thank you !! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Smartphone not recognizing Portable Home Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by massimotrozzi1926@gmail.com

Hey massimotrozzi1926,

In order for the Bose Music app to find your Portable Home Speaker, it'll need to be put into setup mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds. The top and bottom of the light ring glows amber when the speaker is in the Wi-Fi setup mode

Then, search for your system on the Bose Music app and proceed with connecting it to your account. If you still have trouble, try setting up on a different mobile device and let me know if you still face difficulties!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by massimotrozzi1926@gmail.com

Hey massimotrozzi1926,

In order for the Bose Music app to find your Portable Home Speaker, it'll need to be put into setup mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds. The top and bottom of the light ring glows amber when the speaker is in the Wi-Fi setup mode

Then, search for your system on the Bose Music app and proceed with connecting it to your account. If you still have trouble, try setting up on a different mobile device and let me know if you still face difficulties!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Make sure your phone is connected to your wifi network.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Just thank you, problem solved!