Shramm
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Soudnlink mini V1 (2013-15) latency/delay/lag - can it be fixed?

Hi, guys!

I have two questions:

1) Despite SoundLink mini V1 sounds pretty convincing to me, it has a lag (about 20 ms) when playing simultaneously with another speakers (SL mini plays via aux cable). That's very annoying and I didn't find how to fix it. Is it possible to fix at all?

2) Are there other Bose portable speakers that hasn't such a latency issue (when using aux cable)?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Soudnlink mini V1 (2013-15) latency/delay/lag - can it be fixed?

Hey Sharamm, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community.

Let's see what we can do to help this. Before we start, I would just like to clarify a few things with you before we look into this issue: 

• What device are you playing audio from?
  • How are you connected to the audio device? 
  • Are you using any kind of AUX lead splitters? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shramm
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

• I play music from soundcard headphones output
  • via usual stereo TRS (minijack 3.5 mm)
  • no splitters, just direct input

PS. I checked that TRS cord is working well. I connected another device via the same cord and the same output and played simultaneously with my studio monitors - there was no latency at all. But as soon as I connect SoundLink back again, the latency becomes very obvious.

bose_sl_mini_input.jpg

Shramm
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hey, guys! I'm not blaming you at all, just want to know - yes or no. If yes - I'd be happy if you tell me how to fix that. If no, and it can't be fixed - that's sad a little, but nothing terrible, I still reckon this speaker has insanely cool dynamic response for such size.