Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

Sound Link Mini II not working on battery and so degraded Bass quality

I have a Bose Soundlink Mini II which i bought 4months ago in Sydney, Australia.

The unit suddenly stopped working on battery 2weeks later after purchased. Its just dead even when battery is charged.

Until now, the speaker only works when directly connected to AC power however, the Bass quality fades with volume increase until all sound ends up as non- audio-able with a high creaky noise.

I am unable to return as i have lost the purchase receipt and also I don't reside in Australia for a quick visit to the techs.

Any assistance to fix the issue would be highly appreciated.

[removed by moderator]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sound Link Mini II not working on battery and so degraded Bass quality

Author Accepted Answer selected by nganga_du

Hello, 

I am sorry that you're facing some battery issues with your SoundLink Mini II. I'd love to help. 

When you try to charge your speaker, do you get any LED's? If so, what do they state?

Have you tried using an alternate charging cable?

Let's see if a factory reset provides any improvements;

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by nganga_du

Hello, 

I am sorry that you're facing some battery issues with your SoundLink Mini II. I'd love to help. 

When you try to charge your speaker, do you get any LED's? If so, what do they state?

Have you tried using an alternate charging cable?

Let's see if a factory reset provides any improvements;

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

I tried another charger cable and it’s giving the same result. The battery sign turns orange and voice says ‘battery is 90% charged’ however when u pull out AC the battery does not support.

i tried to also factory reset to no avail.

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your speaker. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

If this does not provide any improvements, please reach out to your local support. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website.  Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent here will assist you further.