Re: Sound Link Mini Turns Off by itself

Best answer ever! 
This is so Orwellian!

diveboy01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Thanks for your response. I found that by playing it while in the charging base it is less likely to shut off on its own
Highlighted
teamdoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Simply never buy another Bose product if this is how they treat you. Vote with your money, as that is the only way big companies like this will listen.

Borowhites
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Mine does exactly the same but tonight I've removed the back plate and now it's been on full volume for the last 15 minutes and never went off once I did press the back flappy bit a few times but now seems to be working fine on full volume
mario.croteau
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

looks like removing air pressure from the body is the key here.

I ALMSOT thrown that piece of **bleep** from the window (I mean the speaker itself) but I don't want to waste m,y time picking up plastic parts from the parking. SO I decided to simply tear open the battery pack, then I decided - again - to give it another try. I put back the battery back,  some duct tape on it and now it's been playing for 1 hour. 

It works... At the same time, I feel like  I did some voodoo, except I didn't use chicken blood to keep evils spirit away... Not yet. 
If the duct tape can't keep demons off my piece of crap, I wonder what it will take! Oh yeah, I forgot, a customer service of a reasonable standard could do it as well... But Voodoo as proven to be a better problem solver than Bose support.

Jmoorerjr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

I did the factory reset and it's still shutting off while on charge. Any more suggestions?
mario.croteau
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

well, read the 10 pages here, then you'll figure what not to do 😉
good luck and welcome aboard 🙂

Moedog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Maybe some good news for you. It certainly is for me. Try tihis quick fix.

I tried this a week ago and it has eliminated the problem. I have the exact same problem as you– the battery shows a full charge but shuts off randomly. I saw in another post that removing the battery helped but other posts said it didn’t. After thinking about this I remembered that all batteries develop some kind of corrosion when they are left in a device for a long period of time and sometimes by moving the battery around the corrosion will wear off. Therefore I removed the battery using a torx 8 screwdriver and gently lifted it out. I reinserted the battery and gently lifted it out again and repeated ten times so that it would clear some of the corrosion off the contacts. Maybe 20 times is better. It only takes a few minutes to complete this simple procedure. Visit the link below to get an idea of how to remove the battery (it actually shows you how to replace the battery but that doesn’t apply to this suggestion). You don’t need a ratchet just a torx #8 screwdriver. Notice the rubber on the bottom doesn’t come off completely.
Reassemble. Then hold down the mute button for 10 seconds until the lights start flashing to reset the speaker.
Make sure that the speaker is fully charged before you use it.
It may be time for a new battery eventually but I’m not even going there yet because you can only buy them online but not from Bose. Bose wants you to send the speaker to them charging you 1/2 the price of the speaker itself plus one way shipping. Online batteries are made in China, Malaysia, and Korea. Don’t know if they stand up which is another story.
So far, after a week, no more random shutting off and I have run the battery for up to four hours. (Probably would have lasted longer but I didn’t want to run it down completely.) Hope this works for you.

It’s quick and easy! Give it a try.
https://youtu.be/9pxrH-35fGc

Moedog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Maybe some good news for you. It certainly is for me. Try this quick fix.

I tried this a week ago and it has eliminated the problem. I have the exact same problem as you– the battery shows a full charge but shuts off randomly. I saw in another post that removing the battery helped but other posts said it didn’t. After thinking about this I remembered that all batteries develop some kind of corrosion when they are left in a device for a long period of time and sometimes by moving the battery around the corrosion will wear off. Therefore I removed the battery using a torx 8 screwdriver and gently lifted it out. I reinserted the battery and gently lifted it out again and repeated ten times so that it would clear some of the corrosion off the contacts. Maybe 20 times is better. It only takes a few minutes to complete this simple procedure. Visit the link below to get an idea of how to remove the battery (it actually shows you how to replace the battery but that doesn’t apply to this suggestion). You don’t need a ratchet just a torx #8 screwdriver. Notice the rubber on the bottom doesn’t come off completely.
Reassemble. Then hold down the mute button for 10 seconds until the lights start flashing to reset the speaker.
Make sure that the speaker is fully charged before you use it.
It may be time for a new battery eventually but I’m not even going there yet because you can only buy them online but not from Bose. Bose wants you to send the speaker to them charging you 1/2 the price of the speaker itself plus one way shipping. Online batteries are made in China, Malaysia, and Korea. Don’t know if they stand up which is another story.
So far, after a week, no more random shutting off and I have run the battery for up to four hours. (Probably would have lasted longer but I didn’t want to run it down completely.) Hope this works for you.

It’s quick and easy! Give it a try.
https://youtu.be/9pxrH-35fGc

Soni
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Thank you Moedog, I bought a torqx 8 screwdriver for £2.95  from amazon. Unscrewed the battery, applied an air can cleaner to the connections and wow.....

Works !!!!!!!!!

Your fix has saved my £199 speaker, i'm plugged into my USB mini turntable listening to led zeppelin physical graiffiti, am on the second album side A and it hasn't cut out .....wo !!!!!

This is the fix, why BOSE did you keep this a secret, its simple, it works !!!!

Yeah , Moedog saved the day !!!!