Moedog
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Re: Sound Link Mini Turns Off by itself

Hey Soni. Thanks! Looks like we are getting a reprieve for now. Hope it continues and spreads. At the time I also thought of an air can cleaner but didn’t have one on hand. Also thought about sandpaper but didn’t want to disturb any of the electronics. Now wondering if it’s simple battery assembly like “loose screws” or general assembly for owners that have similar but extra problems. However I’ll take what I’ve been given and hope for the best. Maybe some tweaking to be considered if the problem repeats.

Got an email from Keith (support guy) indicating that this “has been accepted as a solution”. What a crock! It has been less than 2 weeks since I tried this. It could all go south tomorrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if most people in the Bose community just trash the emails before reading them considering it has been over 2 years since this problem was reported. ‘Nuff said.

John Paul Jones and John Bonham should give the mini a good bottom-end workout. I had the Physical Graffiti vinyl in the 70’s... and going to give it another listen now.

Cheers!

Soni
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hi Moedog

Yes, its still working even now.

I think this is solved, a simple fix and it works.

Yeah !

Blast up the volume and groove on !!!

davwil
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Maybe it worked for you (yeah) but it didn’t for me.  I’ve tried everything, cleaning contacts was obviously something I did ages ago when I replace the battery.  It’s a Bose problem.  

Soni
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Wo, sorry to hear that Davwil.

I sprayed lots of air in the contact and all inside the soundlink.

This fixed my problem.

If that doesn't work for you, then thats a problem.

Mine been working since I did this.

mmm....

Gregg1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

yes it seems not to work . Im in a chat with support right now. this ist redicilous. the offer me a repair for 85€ so the seem to know how to repair it. but they wont tell me what the failure is or what the are going to repair. i meat if so many people have the same problem it hat to be some kind of immanent failure. at least a very cheap solution woult be welcome. or a free repair.

COME ON BOSE STEP UP YOUR GAME IN CUSTOMER SUPPORT! A

and just admit this thing is faulty for god sake

neil taylor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

hello, i am having the same issue with my bose soundlink II, turns out this happens when you try to update your speakers and cancle it afterwards.

Hey Neil,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini II. 

Just to clarify, is this only happening when you are attempting to update the speaker? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

KurtfromLaQuinta
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Master Sarcasm!

neil taylor
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

It happened only when i started to update the device and tends to also happen more frequently when volume is at the max. And this is my soundlink II. The 2011/2012 version. Not the mini ones.

KurtfromLaQuinta
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I have fought this problem for a good year and a half. I just kinda lived with it, get mad and quit.

Then I found out everybody has this problem.  I can't believe this has been going on for over two years!

What the heck Bose?

I did find out about downloading the update, and I'm going to try that when I can get the correct cord. And I will also try all the other tricks people have done here. Then stand on my head and spin 3 times stopping facing North. Then sing the Star "Spangled Banner" backwards.

What the heck Bose? Really?

It does sound nice when it does work.