teamdoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: Sound Link Mini Turns Off by itself

I tried everything with mine. Resetting, discharging it fully etc. Nothing works. I think it is a battery memory issue.

It is all well and good saying contact Bose support, but it is out of warranty now and they charge a fortune to fix things. For what is supppose to be a premium product, I expected better.

To be honest, I have now just hooked up some cheaper small desktop speakers and the sound is a lot better. I did not realize how much bass Bose products have, which makes them all sound muffled to me and not crisp.

JasonX8503
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

I have the same problem with my Bose Soundlink Mini. It will just shut off randomly. I check the battery and it's fully charged. I reset it and it still happens. I use this at my clinic and will have to keep turning it back on. Please help!

Dheeraj SIDDHA
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 28, 2019

I did that and I didn't receive any reply email from Bose yet!
hamad
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

I have also the same problem , shame in Bose.
diveboy01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 18, 2019

Hi,

I just happened to check the Support page to check on a problem that I have had with my Soundlink Mini for quite some time.  It shuts off by itself randomly.  Sometimes after a short time playing (~15 minutes) or sometimes after a longer time.  In none of these cases do I believe it is because of battery.  Others seem to have had the same problem.

I tried to reset it as per the directions given to others with no effect.

What next?

Thanks - Mike

teamdoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I am pretty sure it is the battery.

You can replace the battery of course, but it will cost you, and a lot of the ones on Ebay are fakes and do not work, so you only real choice is Bose, who will charge a high price.

The best bet is to buy something else more modern which will have a better battery and newer wireless protocol.

I think you should still of been able to power the unit from the mains supply only even if the battery has gone, which will happen through time anyway. A bit of a design flaw if you ask me for such a premium speaker.

Community Manager

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, should you be experiencing issues with the battery for your SoundLink Mini speaker I encourage you to perform a product reset. Should you have the SoundLink Mini speaker this can be done by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds until the LED's flash white, or if you own the SoundLink Mini II speaker by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until the speaker powers off.

Following this, check for any apply any available firmware updates for your speaker. This can be done either via the Bose Connect application on a mobile phone or tablet or alternatively via a computer using a USB to Micro-USB cable via our firmware update website at HERE.

Should troubleshooting fail I encourage you to reach out to technical and product support within your region by clicking HERE. Select your location, then use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

teamdoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Andy_B wrote:

Hi all,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, should you be experiencing issues with the battery for your SoundLink Mini speaker I encourage you to perform a product reset. Should you have the SoundLink Mini speaker this can be done by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds until the LED's flash white, or if you own the SoundLink Mini II speaker by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds until the speaker powers off.

Following this, check for any apply any available firmware updates for your speaker. This can be done either via the Bose Connect application on a mobile phone or tablet or alternatively via a computer using a USB to Micro-USB cable via our firmware update website at HERE.

Should troubleshooting fail I encourage you to reach out to technical and product support within your region by clicking HERE. Select your location, then use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

As many have mentioned earlier in the thread as well, but you do not seem to listen, the resetting does not work for 99% of cases.

davwil
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

This is an ongoing, never-ending problem.  (You can look back as see when I first posted about this problem.)  There's no telling how many thousands of people are having this problem.  The number of people who have asked this question on this forum is obviously only a small fraction of the people experiencing the same issue.  Bose support, if you can ever get in touch with them, is a joke when it comes to this product flaw.  After you've tried the same suggestions that have been recommended over and over on this forum, anyone in their support team will only advise that you do the same procedures again.  It appears the ultimate lesson to be learned here is to fork over the money to buy another non-Bose product, and understand that Bose does not stand behind their products.  I personally will never buy anything that Bose makes and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of the way they handle (or refuse to handle) product defects.

teamdoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@davwil wrote:

This is an ongoing, never-ending problem.  (You can look back as see when I first posted about this problem.)  There's no telling how many thousands of people are having this problem.  The number of people who have asked this question on this forum is obviously only a small fraction of the people experiencing the same issue.  Bose support, if you can ever get in touch with them, is a joke when it comes to this product flaw.  After you've tried the same suggestions that have been recommended over and over on this forum, anyone in their support team will only advise that you do the same procedures again.  It appears the ultimate lesson to be learned here is to fork over the money to buy another non-Bose product, and understand that Bose does not stand behind their products.  I personally will never buy anything that Bose makes and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of the way they handle (or refuse to handle) product defects.

Totally agree.

I think the response is just a "cut and paste" or a automated bot.

I personally threw my speaker away in the end. The build quality was superb, and while it worked it was very good, if a bit too much bass. I did buy another brand in the end.

Bose products are usually pretty good, I have had some of their in-ear headphones which I have used every day for jogging for years now and they still work. Expensive, but they are worth the money when they are a quality product.

I just wish these big companies would just admit when there is an obvious design flaw and at least give their customers a part refund or even a credit to buy another one of their speakers instead of just seemingly ignoring the issue or repeating the same solution over and over that does not work.