M711
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Sound Link Mini - software update fails

I'd like some help with updating my Soundlink Mini 1 please. I have only just discovered that it is possible to update it, followed by a frustrating afternoon's efforts.

I've downloaded the Bose Bluetooth Speaker Update software (version 1.1.5829.0). Everything works as instructed until just after step when I have to hold down the AUX button. After the indicators on the speaker start to blink and my computer beeps to acknowledge the speaker being connected, the process stops. There are no indications that anything is happening after this point. Things I've already tried without success are:

1. Retrying on two different Windows 10 computers

2. Leaving it for 15 minutes (nothing happens)

3. Running under administrator and non-administrator accounts

4. Running the software in compatibility mode as Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I've never attempted a update previously and have owned the speaker from new. I can't understand why it is failing.

I know its a relatively older product, but a quality one that will last years. The update software is still available, so as far as I'm concerned updates, or at least checking for them, should continue to be possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions to successfully complete the update please? All suggestions gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Sound Link Mini - software update fails

Author Accepted Answer selected by M711

Hi M711, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Mini. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

The SoundLink Mini does not have a firmware update available. 

This is likely why you are encountering the issues. 

I hope this helps! if there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by M711

Hi M711, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Mini. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

The SoundLink Mini does not have a firmware update available. 

This is likely why you are encountering the issues. 

I hope this helps! if there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

M711
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Hi Jessie_O,

Thanks for your help. Are you advising that the Sound Link Mini 1 has never had a software update? I'm checking as the instructions for the update software show that it gives a confirmation message when the software has been checked and is found to be up to date, as I'd expect. That the updater just hangs isn't very reassuring (not very Bose-like).

Thanks,

M

Vicky_W

@M711, that is correct. The original SoundLink Mini has not had an update needed to it. 

Marc77
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Hello,

I have the exactly same issue as described here.

Now that the lights are blinking I tried to hold the On/Off button for 10 sec. to get it reset but it does not work.

What is the solution here?

Also why is there no update to the firmware. I have at the same time the home speaker 500 and i am grouping them together. For the soundlink the volume can not be controlled via the app, although this function is there in the app. I guess in order for this to work the soundlink firmware would need to be updated, but as written above I can do it and now I am even stuck and cant use the speaker at all.

please help and is there an option to  request an firmware update?

Hector_B

Hello Marc77, 

Welcome to the Community! We appreciate you posting and are sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your speaker. 

There hasn't ever been an update released for this product, which means you won't be able to update this product at all. 

In regards to the lights flashing on your speaker, can you please explain the color of these lights and the pattern they are flashing in? This will allow us to better understand the issue you are having. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Marc77
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Hello,

So now since yesterday the on-off button is green (as the battery is still full I guess) and in addition the Aux and Bluetooth button are blinking continuously in white color.

Looks like the speaker is now in a uncontrollable state since whatever button I push nothing happens.

My only hope now is that if the battery runs out that this will help somehow to reset....

IF there was so far now update for the firmware can you confirm that for the speaker the volume control via the Bose Music App should work once the speaker is grouped?

Keith_L

Hi Marc77,

Thanks for the update!

It's very strange that you are no longer able to control your speaker at all! It's also odd that the AUX light is blinking as well, this isn't something this LED should be doing at all. It does suggest that there is something more going wrong here with your speaker. 

What you will want to do next is reboot the speaker by pressing and holding the Mute button for 10 seconds, the lights will flash, then turn off once reset.

If this reset does not work, given the behavior of your speaker at the moment, I would definitely recommend reaching out to your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how this goes!

Marc77
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Very good,

This now helped and the speaker re-booted and I can operate it again. Thanks for that.

Any suggestions for the other topic regarding the volume control via Bose Music app when the speakers are grouped?

Although in the app there is the possibility to control the grouped speaker it is not working....

thanks