CannaBoy
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Sound link Color II Disconnects/stays paired

Hi,

I have Bluetooth paired my Soundlink Color II to Windows 10 laptop, as well as my LG Stylo 4 phone. The pairing work good and stays paired. When I want to listen I connect, at which time the voice prompt report battery status and which devices are connected. I listen for a while and then stop listening. I leave and come back 30 minutes later and the device has disconnected. It is still paired, only I need to connect again. Is this normal? Should the connection stay active until I explicitly disconnect?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Sound link Color II Disconnects/stays paired

Hello CannaBoy, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

If there is no audio playing and no interaction with your product, it will turn off automatically after 18 minutes. To avoid this, disable or change the duration of the auto-off feature using the Bose Connect app.  

A device can remain in the paired section of your device without being connected. Your phone/computer will store any device you have connected with via Bluetooth as a paired device, but it does not mean that the speaker is physically connected it just means that the Bluetooth protocols are stored. 

1. Open the app and wait while it searches for available Bose Bluetooth® products
  2. Tap the Settings gear icon to open the product settings menu. (Tip: If you have more than one Bose Bluetooth product, swipe left or right to find it, then tap Settings)
  3. Tap Standby Timer
  4. Choose the desired time it will take before your headset turns itself off. The default setting is Never.

Enable or disable powering off automatically:

• Simultaneously press and hold the AUX and Volume + buttons until a tone or voice prompt confirms the setting.

I hope this helps to address your queries. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!