Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian8053
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Sound link Color

I would like to link 2 Sound Link Color speakers together in stereo mode while connected to an Echo Dot.  It only allows me to use one speaker.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Sound link Color

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian8053

Thanks for updating us on this Brian8053. 

Have you attempted to use the manual method of putting the speakers into party mode? This can be done by following these steps here

Please let us know how you get on with this! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Hi Brian8053,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Do you mind confirming for us if you have the SoundLink Color or the SoundLink Color II? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

If you have the SoundLink Color II, this should be possible. Can you let us know what errors you are experiencing?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Brian8053
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Thanks for reply.  I have 2 Sound link color II speakers.  

Brian8053
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

The error seems to be having to use my phone as the control to get the speakers into party mode.  The Echo Dot will only connect to two devices and if one is the phone it will only allow one speaker to work.  My old speakers would pair together then connect to Echo Dot.

Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by Brian8053

Thanks for updating us on this Brian8053. 

Have you attempted to use the manual method of putting the speakers into party mode? This can be done by following these steps here

Please let us know how you get on with this! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Brian8053
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aikahimomma
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

I am having the same problem with getting my 2 basic sound link speakers to both play as i also am connected to an echo dot with my iPhone. 
So I tried the link for the steps for manual party mode but it didn’t open. Please advise. Aloha and Mahalo Jamie 

Vicky_W

@aikahimomma, thanks for reaching out today and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. I would love to assist you in getting this issue resolved, however, I really would need to know which specific SoundLink you have. You can use this page hereto type in the serial number of your system. This begins with SN and will be on the label either at the bottom or on the back of the system. This will then tell you the specific name of your device.

I very much look forward to your response.