Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Sound link mini II wont turn on. Solid red light. Wont charge, wont update.

Mine has a solid red power light and wont charge or turn on.  It was working fine and then it stopped charging.  I tried the hard reset.  Nothing.  I tried to update it but it says it doenst have enough charge to update.  

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Sound link mini II wont turn on. Solid red light. Wont charge, wont update.

Hi bullit398,

Welcome to the community! I would be happy to help you get your SoundLink Mini back up and running again.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. A reset is a great place to start for this.

Have you tried connecting your speaker to power with an alternate charger/cable, or to another outlet? It would be worth doing this to make sure the speaker is definitely receiving enough power when you are trying to charge it.

Another step you can take to get the speaker back up and running is charging the speaker in Ship Mode. To do this you need to:

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet.
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds.
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power.
  • Release the Multi-function button.

Once you have done this, connect the speaker to power for at least 1 hour to charge, then test.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

I tried all of those things and nothing has worked.  It wont charge at all.  

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us, @bullit398

I'm sorry to hear that these troubleshooting steps have not resolved your issue. 

Have you tried updating the speaker using a computer? This allows you to update without relying on battery life. To do this click the LINK HERE and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

I tried.  It's up to the current version but still lets me hit the update button.  When I do it says the battery is too low to update it.

Highlighted

Thank you for trying that bullit398/

At this point, given the troubleshooting you have tried already, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team. They will be able to assist you further in getting this resolved.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Soundlink mini ii will not charge solid red light.

My soundlink mini II ran out of battery while using it. Since then it won’t charge. WhenI connect to power I get a flash of yellow and then solid red. It doesn’t charge. I can’t turn it on because the battery in fully discharged. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2020

Re: Soundlink mini ii will not charge solid red light.

I had to send mine in for repair.  It think it was $50. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Re: Soundlink mini ii will not charge solid red light.

I have the same problem. What did they do to fix it? Are there any other things I can try besides what is listed here?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2020

It does NOT allow you to update if the battery is too low. Any other suggestions?