Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Sound link revolve intermittent disconnect

My soundlink revolve speaker works reliably while I am playing music on my laptop, however often when I am in meetings and it is voices talking,the speaker stops working and reverts to the speakers in my laptop. I can go into my settings and reset it on my laptop, but is there a way to avoid this happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sound link revolve intermittent disconnect

Author Accepted Answer selected by margaretC

Hi margaretC,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

If the Revolve is only doing this when you are using it for meetings then the speaker will be turning off through its auto-off timer. When using VoIP services (i.e. apps with audio or video calling), your speaker might not receive control commands from the app. In this case, and any case where the speaker doesn't detect interaction, its auto power-down timer keeps counting, even while receiving audio from the VoIP service.

What you will need to do to stop this from happening is to turn off the auto-off timer. To turn this off what you will need to do is simultaneously press and hold the Input and Volume + buttons until a notification confirms the setting.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by margaretC

Hi margaretC,

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

If the Revolve is only doing this when you are using it for meetings then the speaker will be turning off through its auto-off timer. When using VoIP services (i.e. apps with audio or video calling), your speaker might not receive control commands from the app. In this case, and any case where the speaker doesn't detect interaction, its auto power-down timer keeps counting, even while receiving audio from the VoIP service.

What you will need to do to stop this from happening is to turn off the auto-off timer. To turn this off what you will need to do is simultaneously press and hold the Input and Volume + buttons until a notification confirms the setting.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Thank you ! That seems to have done the trick!