Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II not working after firmware update.

The speaker worked perfectly until the unfortunate moment of updating the firmware. Used the official program from the Bose website. The process ended with an error (device update could not be verified....), repeated firmware update failed. as well. Resetting to the factory settings does not work (MUTE is pressed for 10 seconds - three indicators blink, but the speaker did not turn off) At the moment, 3 indicators are constantly on and speaker cannot be switched OFF. I did remove the battery for a while, but after battery installed back immidiately lit 3 LEDs.device update could not be verified,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink® Bluetooth® Mobile speaker II not working after firmware update.

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi Salykin75,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

There aren't any firmware updates available for the Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II, so it is strange that you were able to attempt an update on it! What site did you use to do this as it should not have been possible?

If you are seeing all the LEDs lit and the reset has not fixed this for you, you would need to reach out to your local support team to look at getting your speaker repaired. You can find the contact information for them at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Andy_B

Hi Salykin75,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

There aren't any firmware updates available for the Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II, so it is strange that you were able to attempt an update on it! What site did you use to do this as it should not have been possible?

If you are seeing all the LEDs lit and the reset has not fixed this for you, you would need to reach out to your local support team to look at getting your speaker repaired. You can find the contact information for them at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Hi Keith,

Thanks  for your soon reply.

I did use official ( I hope ) Bose application. Not the web site. Bellow you can find system information summary accessed via help menu:

Bose® BLUETOOTH® Speaker Update 1.1.5829

Device Information

Connected Device: Bose Bluetooth Speaker
Serial Number: 58795922930710AE
Hardware Version: 01.00.00
Target Firmware Version: 02.00.05
Device Firmware Version: 00.00.00
Bluetooth Address: 00:0C:8A:52:0B:33
Bluetooth Pairing List:
F0:98:9D:9D:5E:C0
B8:53:AC:9D:AA:28
CC:6E:A4:52:1D:4A
1C:91:48:5E:FE:4F
8C:9F:3B:04:62:C1
Device ID: 0xbc52

After one more unsuccessfull update the system information changes to :

Bose® BLUETOOTH® Speaker Update 1.1.5829

Device Information

Connected Device: Bose Bluetooth Speaker
Hardware Version: 01.00.00
Target Firmware Version: 02.00.05
Device ID: 0xbc52

The message гаеук updating following:

Device Update Could not be verified

The program was unable to confirm that the device update completed successful 

As  I can see speaker lost its firmware due to unsuccessful update.

Is it some way to download official update for my speaker and install it manually?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Best Regards