Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III

Hi guys!! I’m trying to find a substitute for my SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III could be a great help for me find the choosen one. The old one sounds amazing and clean, i want the same clean and powerfull sound that made. Thanks you!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Re: SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III

When you find one, make sure the manufacturer is committed to upgrades to keep the  product compatible with OS upgrades.  I have a Soundlink III that is now all but useless after I upgraded to Mohave.  The speaker will not autoconnect as it did before, and Bose informs me that no upgrades have been, or will be available.  

i have a nice $300 brick on my bookshelf.  Any guesses what product I am not going to replace it with?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2020

I`m also disappointed since my Soundlink III simply disconnects from my MacBook or simply turns off, despite connected to power. I will probably move to a Fender bluetooth speaker 😞

Highlighted

Hello all, 

Thanks for posting! 

Upgrades to an OS shouldn't affect the performance/compatibility of a Bluetooth speaker. Ultimately, the Bluetooth codecs (commonly, A2DP, HSP, HFP) do not change between OS versions so there's no reason why the speaker should stop working. 

That being said, Bluetooth pairings can potentially become corrupted so I'd always recommend trying the following if you experience issues. 

1. Clear the device list on the Mac and on the speaker. 

- Power the speaker on, then hold the Bluetooth button down for 10 seconds or until you hear it make a bleep-boop sound. 

- Remove the speaker from the Mac's Bluetooth device list. Go to Apple > System Preferences > Bluetooth > locate the speaker, then click the ( x ) button to remove. 

2. Reset the Bluetooth module on the Mac to clear any potential corruptions. 

- From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
- On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
- Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

Give this a try and let me know how you get on! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!