Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

SoundLink Color 2 disconnects while updating from 2.5.1 to 3.0.3

I have never updated my Bose Soundlink Color 2. But since I am facing the universally known issue of "speaker not charging/powering up after full discharge", I thought to update my firmware as there is no other option left. The 15 sec hold power/multifunction button solution didn't work. It just blinks the power amber light twice. So I tried everything mentioned here -https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Bose-Soundlink-Color-II-not-charging-no-power-flashing-lights.... Again no luck.

Now when I am trying to update the firmware from 2.5.1 to latest 3.0.3, I am getting this connection error- "We lost connection to your product. Try unplugging your product then plugging it back in." although my speaker is firmly connected to the PC via Bose USB. I have tried with both Win and iMac updater, same issue. Can someone help? Is the version gap too much for an upgrade (but then it should not "disconnect" while updating, right?), if so, can someone provide me intermediate versions that are update-able?

I am blocked completely, no more explore-worthy options left (except this post).

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink Color 2 disconnects while updating from 2.5.1 to 3.0.3

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are not getting success in updating your speakers firmware. 

Have you tried updating via the Bose Connect app, when you connect your speaker to the app if you have updates available you should get a prompt to update the firmware via the app on the product details page. 

If this proves to be unsuccessful. When updating on your computer, I would suggest deleting and reinstalling the updater app, I would also suggest trying via a different internet browser.

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion. But since I am not able to power on my speaker, I cannot connect it to the Bose Connect app. I tried with different browsers but no luck.

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to us! 

I appreciate you trying the troubleshooting. At this point, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help you! 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!