WMJukebox
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

SoundLink Color 2 pairing

We have 2 SoundLink Color 2 speakers connected to a Windows 10 laptop. So far, it seems we have to reconnect the speakers (a lot of button pushing really) every time we are starting the music. Is this normal?

We are also interested in adding speakers to the system. Is this possible? Or are we limited to 2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: SoundLink Color 2 pairing

Author Accepted Answer selected by WMJukebox

These are designed as very portable speakers, so while stereo pairing is a nice feature, it was never thought that people would permanently want them connected (You might connect them together for a dinner party, but most days you will play something on one while your daughter plays something else on the other one in her room).  So this is normal operation.

And yes, with the Soundlink BT range, 2 is the maximum you can pair.  For more, that is where you would have been better with the Soundtouch range (previously) or the Smart speaker range (current).  These are designed for multi-room playback so while you can playback over 6 (or more) speakers, it's still not a permanent connection (because I don't always want music in the bedroom when I am listening by the poolside).  You still have to link them each time but linking tends to be easier.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by WMJukebox

These are designed as very portable speakers, so while stereo pairing is a nice feature, it was never thought that people would permanently want them connected (You might connect them together for a dinner party, but most days you will play something on one while your daughter plays something else on the other one in her room).  So this is normal operation.

And yes, with the Soundlink BT range, 2 is the maximum you can pair.  For more, that is where you would have been better with the Soundtouch range (previously) or the Smart speaker range (current).  These are designed for multi-room playback so while you can playback over 6 (or more) speakers, it's still not a permanent connection (because I don't always want music in the bedroom when I am listening by the poolside).  You still have to link them each time but linking tends to be easier.

View solution in original post

WMJukebox
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Thanks!