SoundLink Color II USB not Recognized Windows 10

Highlighted

SoundLink Color II USB not Recognized Windows 10

I have a Bose SOundlink II. All have been fabulous up until today (almost 2 years late). I am out of the country now travelling in Central America ~ I believe my laptop Windows 10 updated last night before I turned it off. When I went to use my Bose this moring (attached to l;laptop) I received message that USB is not recognized or maybe malfunctioned?? 

I have gone through Control Panel and done all the HUB stuff. I have gone onto BOSE website and found this Bose Software Update( never knew this existed) . I have removed my device from my laptop then 

Anyone gone through this out there?? I really want my music on my BOSE now!!! 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: SoundLink Color II USB not Recognized Windows 10

Hi there, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had recognising the SoundLink Color II on USB, and would be happy to help!

In order to do so, can I ask a few questions here to clarify what is happening?

1) Are you still able to charge the system from a direct power outlet?

2) Are you still able to play audio to your speaker through Bluetooth or AUX cable if either method is available?

3) Is this only unable to be recognised by your laptop, and have you been able to try this with another cable or laptop?

Please get back to me when you can 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Hi there,

1) Yes, I still keep it plugged into my laptop and have it charged and/charging.
2) I have disconnected/removed device from Settings, then readded it as a Bluetooth device. The systems state ready & paired
Again, when I turn on music on laptop it does not recognize my Bose. However, I also have it set on my iPad and the iPad and Bose are communicating fine. 

Music is still coming from laptop speakers
Yes, I tried 1 other USB cord I happen to have on my travel bag. I connected to BOSE into my laptop but nothing. I have reconnected my BOSE USB and nothing still

So, yes it appears it is unrecognizable from my ACER laptop. When I press BOSE Bluetooth button all it states is "Connected to Carolynn's iPAD"

Hi holisticandsvkbodywork, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted to check the PC's Audio settings to ensure that the Bose system selected? You can do this via settings >  system > sound > output. 

Please check this and update us on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Hello and thank you,

I have followed your instructions. However, when I get to the Settings > Output Device selection shows only 1 option for the laptop speakers. However, when I go to my Bluetooth devices on laptop, my BOSE is showing Paired still, and not even offered as a selection.

Now what?

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us and looking into this. This is certainly strange. So the SoundLink is paired but not showing as an audio device? 

I would like to direct you to this post > Computer Related Informational Post. With computers, there are so many factors to consider with Bluetooth profiles and connectivity. You may find some useful tips!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Hi,

Thanks for all the support. I appreciate it!

Strange but happy news. Out of nowhere I turned my computer on last night and suddenly audio with my BOSE spontaneously came out! And, it is still working... no idea about any of this issue. But, thank you!

Hi,

We're so glad to hear your back up and running! 

If you do encounter any other issues, you know where to find us! 

Have a great day! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O