Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twhitus
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2021

SoundLink Color II low volume when connected to tv

I recently bought a bose soundlink color II as i have hearing difficulty and wanted a bluetooth speaker to put next to my pillow so i can watch a movie at night without waking up the whole house.

it works fine on my cellphone and im pleased with the sound quality but when i pair it to my tv "hisense 4k hdr model# 55hbc" the volume buttons on the bose unit no longer work and with the tv at 100% i can barely hear the speaker at all.  

i have cleared the pairing on both the tv and the bose as per instructions in the forum.  i have updated the bose firmware via usb cord to the pc as well as reset the bose speaker per instructions on the forum.  the tv itself works fine with every other bluetooth device in the house including 2 other speakers and a sound bar along with a pair of headphones.  i just need to get the volume buttons on the bose connect to function when its connected to the television.

i also downloaded the bose connect app in the hopes i could adjust the volume there, but no luck.

any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: SoundLink Color II low volume when connected to tv

Hello Twhitus, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear your speaker is not controlling the volume of your TV. This could be for a few reasons. Your TV will decide whether it can have its volume controlled via a 3rd party device, and it will do this via the Bluetooth Codecs. The SoundLink Color II supports the codecs HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, so your TV will need to support these also to be compatible. If the two are compatible, let's try some troubleshooting as outlined below:

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and ensure your speaker is running on the latest firmware.
3. Make sure that no more than one Bluetooth device is currently connected. When two Bluetooth devices are connected to the speaker, other paired devices will not be able to connect. Disable Bluetooth on one of the currently connected Bluetooth devices, or remove the device from the speaker's Bluetooth range.
4. Please perform a product reset, turn on your speaker, then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language. I would like to make you aware that a reset clears all product settings, including Bluetooth device memory and language selection, and returns the product to its original out-of-box state.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!