Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

SoundLink Colour 2

Hi everyone,

On Friday I bought a SoundLink Colour 2 speaker. It is already giving me problems

1) It won't turn on unless plugged in (I usually plugged it to start it in and then unplug it)

2) When switching between devices, we are talking 2 mac computer and not 9!!!, it stays connected for 5 seconds and then loses the connection. 

I am extremely frustrated. Is there anyone who could, please, help me?

or is it the case of returning it because it is faulty?

thank you very much for your time

e.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink Colour 2

Hi pi.pod,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your new speaker! I would be happy to help you get it working correctly!

I do want to make sure I understand what is happening with your speaker correctly. When you try and turn it on using only the battery power it won't turn on. However, if you turn it on while plugged into power you can then unplug it and continue to use it on the battery power. Is this correct?

When you are trying to switch between the 2 Macs you have paired to the speaker what steps are you using to do so? The speaker will automatically reconnect to the last 2 Bluetooth devices it was connected to, then to switch between them you only need to pause the audio on the first device, then start playing audio from the second.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Hi Keith,

first of all thank you for getting back to me.

1) Yes, that is exactly what happens when I want to turn it on.

2) Yes, I do pause the first device and then start playing from device number 2 but it stays paired for few seconds and then the speakers shouts down by itself.

Thank you for all the help you can give me. Please, let me know if it's a fault in my speakers and I need to start the process of return/exchange it. 

On another note, I have done a bit of research and for the problem number one I read it gets fixed by pressing for 10 seconds start+mute. I tried but it's not working.

have a good day.

e.

Highlighted

Hey pi.pod,

Thanks for confirming that! That is really weird and definitely should not be happening! The fact you can continue using it if you unplug it lets us know it is charging so I don't know why it would not be turning on!

From how you are describing the first issue, I would recommend looking at getting the speaker exchanged as this definitely should not be happening. As you mentioned it is brand new, you should be able to do this through your point of sale, or you can reach out to your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how this goes!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Hi Keith,

thanks again for getting back to me. I have followed the link you sent me and tried to speak to someone @bose  but the call keeps getting cut off. So it is impossible for me to organize. (online they give me only the option to repair)

Is there there someone I can email in order to have this sorted as soon as possible?

thank you again for your help.

e.

Highlighted

Hello, 

We do not currently repair the SoundLink Color II so this may be misinformation on the website. I'd recommend trying to book via the website if you're unable to get through by phone, otherwise, we'd recommend trying the number again. We haven't received any reports of faults with the call center lines at this time so it may be worth giving it another try.

Thanks!