SoundLink III will not come out if protection mode

Highlighted
Silent Starter

SoundLink III will not come out if protection mode

Hi. This device is 3 years old and has been terrific. I recently let it sit for 3 weeks and I cannot get it out of protection mode using the methods described in this Forum. Specifically, holding the mute button down for 10 seconds. 

Please assist. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: SoundLink III will not come out if protection mode

Hello JStrodel, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III. 

Could you please confirm that you are connecting the speaker to the AC charger and not connecting to a USB port on a laptop for example? It could take up to 3 hours to charge the battery to full. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi, any updates regarding this matter? I have the same case. My bose revolve doesnt charge even though it was plug on a wall socket. Please help. I dont want it to be in a service center since i dont have the copy of my receipt already. But it was only bought last december of 2018.

Hello nisaamlondon, 

Thank you for joining the discussion.

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your SoundLink Revolve speaker.

Has the speaker been left powered off for a significant amount of time? 

Please try resetting the speaker by pressing and holding the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

Additionally, do you have another USB cable to test? If you are using a charging cradle, please bypass this and connect the power supply directly to the SoundLink speaker.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Charolotte_G

Yes I have left powered off for a significant amount of time. that was the last thing i remembered bout my unit. I triied resetting it and holding the multi-function button but it doesnt help. also i already tested the USB cable and it works fine. What more can I do?

Silent Starter

Hi.  Yes, the speaker has been connected to the a/c outlet for several hours.

I have tried to reset by holding the mute button for over 15 seconds.  

Please provide another method to reset the device.

Thank you.

Hello JStrodel and nisaamlondon. 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you are both still having power issues with your speakers. After performing the aforementioned steps to attempt to troubleshoot the issue, I would recommend reaching out to support in your regions to seek further assistance. Details can be found here. 

Jeff