Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jody1958
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2021

SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® Speakers no Software as Bose Connect for Computer

SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® Speakers no Software as the Bose Connect app for Computer.  

Bose product name

SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® Speakers

Country

United States 

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Macbook Pro 2 

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Computer owners do also purchase the Bose Soundlink Micro Speakers. Or was this something not thought of? I have been waiting for years now, for the software to be developed as the Bose Connect App. 

Where do you run into the issue?

Playing my Speakers on my Mac Computer. I am unable to connect them and play them in Party Mode/Stereo on the Computer

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

For years now, I have been in wait mode. So, will Bose continue to produce and sell this item without consideration of computer owners who would like to use the speakers utilizing their computer and not mobile devices. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Yes, Waiting, and Waiting, for this software.   Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® Speakers no Software as Bose Connect for Computer

Hi Jody1958, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry we do not have a Bose Connect app for desktops. This has been raised as a feature request. In the meantime, I would love to help you to use party/stereo mode manually. 

Using Party mode manually

1. Make sure both speakers are powered on
  2. Make sure a speaker is connected via Bluetooth to your mobile device
  3. On the speaker connected to your device, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously
  4. Release the buttons when you hear "Press the Bluetooth and volume down buttons simultaneously on a second Bose device"
  5. On the second speaker, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume  buttons simultaneously
  6. Release the buttons when the speaker emits a tone. After 10 seconds, you will hear "Party mode" from both speakers simultaneously. Party mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in unison using your mobile device

Using Stereo mode manually

1. On one of the speakers, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously
  2. Release the buttons when you hear "Stereo mode". You hear "Left" from the left speaker and "Right" from the right speaker. Stereo mode is enabled. You are now able to play audio in stereo using your mobile device
  3. Configure your speakers for Party mode. See steps above
  4. To switch between Party and Stereo mode, press the Bluetooth and Volume + buttons simultaneously.

To disable Party or Stereo mode, do one of the following on either speaker:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button until you hear "Bose speakers unlinked"
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function and Volume + buttons simultaneously until you hear "Bose speakers unlinked"
  3. Press the Power button to power off the speaker

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!