Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® speaker: how deactivate bluetooth?!

Bose product name

SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® speaker

Country

Italy

Firmware Version

App Version

(14.0)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(POCO X3 Android 10)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I'm unable to find how disable bluetooth. Also when the speaker is off they can be detected by devices. I want a way to turn off or I need to return this item back to Bose.

Where do you run into the issue?

After receved the product ordered on Bose Italian Website

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Never be able to deactivate bluetooth

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I turn off the speaker or speaker turn off but is always sending bluetooth signal so is not really powered off. I have this speaker in my bedroom and I don't wanna have a device 24/24 that create a bluetooth radiation / network.

Seems I have no power to manage this device who should be mine. bluetooth stay on always, I have no control.

This will be maybe the reason for ship back this item to Bose.

I pay for a device where I have no control. I dont wanna have bluetooth always on even be unable to turn off when device is off. Seems the only way is wait the battery is KO.

Any way you can give me to disable bluetooth? I want have bluetooth when the device is turned on by me and bluetooth turned off when the device is power off.

1 REPLY 1
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Re: SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® speaker: how deactivate bluetooth?!

Seems there is no possibility to disable bluethoot and seems is something other users want to do also but no changes in all this time. Today I will contact Bose for ship back the product and ask refound.

I'm deluded by Bose because they make a great product but is bad to see the imposition to have no control on the Bluethoot. the same things happen usually for headphones where if you doesn't connect the jack audio you cannot disable wireless but in this case you have one possibility of disable waves, with the mini speaker the only wait is wait the battery has ended his power.