Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

SoundLink Micro Static Noise

Okay, I'm going to be as specific as possible. I bought a soundLink Micro 3 days ago. Un-packaging it, charge up to 100%, update the firmware to the latest patch. I always play music from my ASUS Vivobook laptop and my Android Huawei Novav 3 phone using Spotify premium and Apple music to stream.

Now here comes the issue, when volume is lowered, there is a small yet distinct static noise from the speaker. Even when I paused the music, there is also a distinct static noise from the speaker for 5 seconds. I make sure my source only connect to the speaker and nothing else yet the problem is still there. Restarting all my devices did not help.

Anyone has the same issue? Is there a solution?

Replies will be much appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundLink Micro Static Noise

Hello Nelly_,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some audio quality issues with your SoundLink Micro. 

This may seem silly, but could you please ensure that the volume of the connected source is maximized and then control the volume from the speaker!

Also, could you please reset the speaker by holding the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

Please let me know the outcome of these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

sounds like what I am seeing....my post (Audio Hum):

Just got a Soundlink Mini II- using on HP Pavilion Windows 10 laptop:

pairs well and works well with Bluetooth, but went to use AUX input form the laptop output and get an audio hum.....hum is there if on charging pad or if charging cable is plugged in the speaker, but NOT when running off battery.  Checked various audio settings on PC and hum is not instantaneous when plugging in but after a second or two.  Any ideas?

Hi Pcorona, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

Based on what you have said in your post, it sounds like some electrical interference is happening which is causing the humming. This would explain why you don't get it when using battery power.  

As this is interference, there isn't much I can suggest to resolve your issue. The only thing that may help is a different Auxillary cable which may increase the shielding and prevent the humming. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

I give up......different AUX cables--system vol at 100 and adjust at speaker helps but seems to be app/program related....Groove Music plays ok....Facebook hum is in and out....tried all kinds of settings....no joy-

figure it's just a waste of money to have bought the unit.....and I've been a BOSE fan for a long time....that ends now.....whatever

Hey pcorona, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to read that the different aux cables didn't resolve this issue for you, let's try some other steps. 

Do you have another PC that you could attempt to connect the speaker to via aux?  This would allow us to ensure that the issue is not specific to this certain Pavillion laptop. Another step we could try that may resolve this for you is a product reset, you can perform this by following these steps below: 

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds until the product powers off.

Also if possible could you please try a different power outlet when connected and charging the speaker to see if the same issue occurs, this would help us rule out the outlet being the cause of the humming. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B