Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: SoundLink Micro poor audio quality on MacBook pro

This fixed it for me! Thank you for posting this, I would never have figured this out on my own. What on earth does the microphone have to do with the output sound quality, c'mon Bose!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Bose Micro Soundlink keeps disconnecting from Macbook

Hi there! New to the group. 

had my micro soundlink since january but just recently the connection keeps dropping even though it says it's still connected. Sometimes it's not even 5 mins then will disconnect. Tried updating the speaker and the laptop, reset on the connection between speaker and laptop also done but problem still happens. Pls help. Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Bose Micro Soundlink keeps disconnecting from Macbook

Hello kbb0116, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your speaker. 

Is the issue only occurring with the MacBook? If so, please reset the MacBook's Bluetooth module.

Instructions

• From your keyboard press (Shift + Option/alt keys and click on the Bluetooth icon at top Mac’s menu bar) 
  • On the Bluetooth menu, you'll see 'Debug' hover over that.
  • Click 'Reset the Bluetooth module'

Give this a try and let me know how you get on! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Bose Soundlink Micro connects/disconnects immediately to/from MacBook Pro

My Soundlink Micro used to work fine with all my devices, until relatively recently (about a few months). It is now impossible to connect it to my MacBook Pro laptop: it connects and disconnects immediately.

I have done all the troubleshooting and still have not solved the issue.

- I reset the bluetooth list, and did a factory reset, then first paired the speaker to my phone with the Bose Connect app (where it weirdly did not offer software updates, which might indicate factory reset was not complete)

- I reset the PRAM and SMC on my Mac Book Pro., claered the bluetooth list and reset the bluetooth module.

I sincerly hope there is a fix, as I appear not to be the only one with this issue.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink Micro connects/disconnects immediately to/from MacBook Pro

Hi Benjamin!

That's very odd! I can imagine trying to connect has been frustrating. I appreciate you letting us know the troubleshooting that you've attempted so far.

Were there any devices other than your MacBook Pro that you would've used to connect your SoundLink Micro to? Have you had any issues connecting the Micro to other devices?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Hello,

The Micro works fine with e.g. my android phone. My MacBook works fine with e.g. bluetooth earphones.

The problem is specifically between the Micro and my MacBook.

On the Micro, I have longpressed the bluetooth button until the devices list got cleared, and longpressed the power button until the voice prompts says 'Ready to connect, download the Bose Connect app'. I then connected it, using the app, to my phone.

On my MacBook, I have cleared the devices list, reset the bluetooth module using Option+Shift click to get the Debug menu. I have reset the SMC and PRAM and deleted a few 'com.apple.bluetooth...' named files in several Library locations.

Thanks fo your help,

Benjamin

Highlighted

Thanks for that information Benjamin!

As this is just affecting the Micro and the MacBook, what OS version is your MacBook using?

What I would recommend doing next, is making sure that the firmware on the Micro is fully up to date using the Device Updater. If you go to this link on your computer, it will walk you through checking for and installing any available updates for the speaker.

Let me know how you get on.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Bose SoundLink Micro drops for micro second

My Soundlink Micro is connected by bluetooth to my MacBook Air.  When I click between windows (eg, moving from a Word document to a webpage, or moving from one webpage to another), the sound drops for a micro second.  This does not happen with my JBL Flip. The Bluetooth connection seems more stable with my 9 year old JBL than my brand new (June 2020) Bose.  Both speakers are about 18 inches from the laptop.  There is no difference between whether I am streaming music on Spotify or playing iTunes.  

Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundLink Micro drops for micro second

Hey @Mercer Reader, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing some audio drops with your SoundLink Micro when connected to your MacBook Air.

Do you notice this happen when you connect other devices to your SoundLink Micro?

I'd recommend clearing the pairing list by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, delete the speaker from the Bluetooth list on any previously connected devices. Reconnect and test the stability of the connection.

Let me know the outcome of this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Hi,

I am using macOS Catalina (10.15.5). 

I did use the updater and updated the voice prompts for completeness sake, but the firmware was already up-to-date. I am frankly losing hope.

Benjamin