Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker II usb power input not plugging in correctly

Whoever designed the old style USB II - A connections did humanity a real disservice. It should have always been designed like USB-C. These cables are so hard to plug in, you have to have perfect vision to determine the top from the bottom, and even when plugging it in, in the right direction, can be difficult. 

I can no longer plug in my speaker into power using the usb connection. The cord seems to go in all the way, but will not stay connected so I cannot power the device. Im not 100% sure that the cord is plugging in all the way, there is a small gap there so it may need to go in further. I have tried multiple cables that I know are working fine with other products, so the problem is not the cable, but the speaker.

This website tells me I still have 1 year good on my warranty, and yet when going through the process it says it will charge me $80 for the repair! That is just a little less than a new product would cost, so that serves no purpose. The warranty says it shall be repaired free of charge, yet this website is saying I need to be charged $80, I am at a loss, is there anything I can do to get this thing plugged in? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker II usb power input not plugging in correctly

Hi @kris.meaney,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having charging your SoundLink Mini Bluetooth speaker - it shouldn't be this difficult for you. Are you still using the cable provided with the original package?

When you are connecting the cable, you'll notice how far you're able to push the cable in. The battery LED on the speaker will also show to confirm the cable has made a connection and will flash amber to show the speaker is charging.

Do you see this LED when you connect the cable? Have you been able to try any other micro-USB cables to see if there is a different outcome? We do also offer the charging cradle, have you ever had an experience using this? It might make things easier for you.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.