Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: SoundLink Mini II Special Edition Charging Update

Hello! Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the same result just came up with another computer. I'm a user from China and I heard from some Chinese forums that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. One of them even showed an official email reply from Bose China which claimed it's normal not to be supported by Bose Updater, the firmware of the speaker is up to date. I'm afraid it's not an acceptable answer. That’s why I sought help here. I wonder if it's because of the network environment or the product I bought was not qualified, although I succeeded in registering it on the website of Bose China. A further explanation will be very nice. Thank you very much!

Highlighted

Thank you for trying that Joshuachan25.

The SoundLink Mini II is definitely supported by the btu device updater. The updater is linked to from the Chinese support website for the speaker.

If yours is saying that it is not supported when connected to the device updater, I would definitely recommend getting in touch with your local support team about this. You can find the contact information for the Chinese team HERE.

Let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Hello! Here’s how it goes.

I got in touch with my local support team,which drove me crazy. I showed your reply to them and they didnt give a proper explanation. They just insisted that there IS a problem of the connection between BTU updater and Soundlink mini ii se, which they had been confirming and treating since Nov. 2019 , but never been solved . They also adviced me to wait for another update PATIENTLY. However, ridiculously, I even cannot check my firmware version right now. I bought my device at an authorised website called jd.com , of which the support team promised me the qualification. SO the situation is totally a mess. I sincerely hope Bose USA will conduct an investigation. What an unpleasure happened to me and other Chinese customers suffering this.

Thank you for hearing me.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. There is update to the firmware that should make charging your SoundLink Mini II SE from certain computers with USB ports now possible. Please check out the post here and download the update from the Bose Updater Site and let us know what you think!

Thanks!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

I can confirm that the firmware does allow my Bose SoundLink Mini II Special Edition to charge from a USB hub/extension.  Previously I could only charge correctly from a direct motherboard USB connection.  Now, the Bose no longer beeps on/off for battery charge when connected to a hub and charges normally.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini II Special Edition - Charging Options

Hi

I recently purchased the Bose Soundlink Mini II Special Edition

(I already have the original Soundlink Mini)

Questions please:

1- My original charging cradle for the Soundlink Mini - does not seem to charge the new Soundlink Mini II SE --- should this be the case?

2- The USB C cable seems to charge the Soundlink Mini II SE fine

3- What is the charging connection for on the later  Soundlink Mini II SE, if I cannot find or use the original charging cradle? - Am I limited to USB-C charging?

Thanks - a disappointed call with Technical Support could not answer this

Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II Special Edition - Charging Options

Hello P_hudd, welcome to the forums. 

As the special edition SoundLink Mini II uses USC-C charging port, you are unable to use the old docking station as this uses a micro USB port. You can find details on how you can charge your speaker listed in the post at the top of this page. 

I hope this helps!😊

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Many thanks for the response -- can I please ask - what are the options for charging with the cradle connection on the Soundlink Mini SE II? - Doesn't seem to be a charging cradle (obviously) available?

thanks

Highlighted

Hey P_hudd, 

We do not currently sell a charging dock for this speaker, but I'll happily raise a feature request for you. In the meantime, you can use the USB-C charging lead that comes with the speaker! 😊

I hope this helps.