Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Re: SoundLink Mini II Special Edition Charging Update

I got mine today.. It's charging... But bose connect app is unable to detect.. 

Highlighted

Hi Vikramchinu,

Thank you for coming back to me!

The SoundLink Mini II Special Edition is not compatible with the Bose Connect app.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach back.

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

OK.. No.. I was thinking it connects.. Someone said connected.. So only asked.. 

Nos I will look for charging dock.. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Really confusing.. From community I get mail as it's compatible.. And again not..  Seems need to ask at bose chat support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

The SoundLink Mini II Special Edition is not compatible with the Bose Connect app.

Will it ever be?

With all your firmware update issues... and 2nd tier speaker releases that don't work with the Bose Connect app... it has me scratching my head about BOSE.  Me thinks I'll pass on a new speaker purchase till things get sorted.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Need Help!! My Soundlink Mini II won't charge.... I've tried the suggested change to ship mode, & that didn't work.... also tried updating via the Bose update app.... says my device is updated... don't know what else to do!!

Highlighted

Hi JohnD0408,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulty charging your Soundlink Mini II.

It's great that you have already tried some of our suggested troubleshooting as we would definitely recommend trying changing to ship mode to charge and updating the speaker as sensible steps for any charging difficulties. As these don't seem to have worked for us here, if you haven't already can we try resetting the speaker and see if that allows us to charge the speaker?

To do this we need to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds when the speaker is powered on.

If we are still unable to charge after trying this, then I would suggest you reach out to your local support team to help get this issue resolved. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

It has been 4 months and still no firmware update available? I have recently purchased the Special Edition thinking it will be an improvement over the original Mini I had, but I also cannot charge the battery with my 2017 MacBook Pro 15" and I only have 1 amp iPhone wall chargers.

Please let us know when it will be available.

Thank you

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I  can’t update my soundlink mini ii se through "btu.bose.com". Following the instructions,I plugged in my device with the cable provided but then the website showed a message that this product is not supported by Bose Updater. I also tried choosing the product in the top-right menu first, and it gave no response after plugging. Reset or ship mode doesn't work,either. I was confused. Could you please help me figure out? Thanks!

Highlighted

Hello Joshuachan25, 

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues updating the speaker. I would advise trying a secondary computer to see if you can use the updater. If not, you'll need to contact your local support center. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.