Hector_B

Re: SoundLink Mini II Special Edition - FW Update 1.0.13

Sorry to hear that your issue still persists rhadkins2002. 

As these steps did not resolve your issue,  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am very sorry that this isn't something we were able to resolve via the community.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
snoozemoose
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

The last step is impossible to perform because the updater won't start because the battery level too low. This is catch 22 but Bose insists of suggesting this as a "solution". I'm starting to suspect that you know that all of us owning a Soundlink Mini II that won't charge are screwed so you try to ignore the problem by suggesting impossible solutions. PLEASE CORRECT IF I'M WRONG BY TELLING US HOW TO UPGRADE WHEN THE BATTERY IS EMPTY.

ritzyrhiannon
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

It's really interesting that so many people are posting with the same issue of a red flashing light and the unit not turning on even when trying all the suggested advice, I have the same problem on my Soundlink Mini II (not special edition). They also occur around the same time (about 2 years after purchase) very convenient that it happens after the warranty runs out. Almost like built in obsolescence. I bought this expecting better from a company with a reputation of quality. Why would we all spend $/£100+ for a portable speaker if we are just going to have to spend $/£50+ to get it fixed because it clearly looks like you built in this problem just to get that extra service fee out of all of us. 

I'm pretty appalled that you haven't offered to waive the charge when so many people are having the same consistent problem. It definitely looks underhand to me. 

I shall not be buying Bose again if you think you can be a company that practices planned obsolescence on their customers, we have a right as customers to have working products past their warranty. It is illegal in many countries to build in obsolescence and I think you would've thought twice before doing this.  

Fueangpat
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2020

Yaneshchari
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hello introduce bose soundlink 4 as same design like sound link mini 2 but bigger in size. Louder in bass and treble and also ip68 water resistant  which can play on beach area which very noisy area. I have sound link mini 2. I'm happy but I played on beach area,its good sound but not louder which its required like JBL boombox gives sound.

rayndeerbrandt
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Hello,

Not sure if current models of the Soundlink Mini 2 SE have received this firmware update,

but I when I connect it to my computer (running macOS Big Sur), it tells me the Soundlink Mini 2 SE is not supported by Bose Updater. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Bubastis
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

I have the same problem with mac os big sur

RichardBckr
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Thanks for your work here.  The response you provide regarding the firmware update implies there are engineering and manufacturing differences between the older SoundLink Mini II (I own this model and am very happy with its performance over several years) and the newer SoundLink Mini II Special Edition.  I am curious about the differences between the models on the inside of the box.  The reason I ask is that while listening to the Special Edition model in Costco yesterday it just did not sound as full as the older model to my ears.  This is not a complaint but an observation. So my question is this:  Is it me or is there a documented difference in sound output between the two models?  Thanks very much for your thoughts on this.