Jason70
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

This did not work for me. just wait until the one with the new firmware dies too...

fritler
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

Did you try what I recommended in the post prior to your post and the post on page 10 of this thread? I had the exact same problem you did but mine fixed the way I described. Try it. gotta leave unplugged a few days after you try what I did. Good luck!

Jeremy

datsun620
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

PHEW! I thought my speaker was done for. This answer needs to be at the top of every google result. Thanks from California!

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Mohsin_S

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone taking the time to write in and we’re sorry to hear about the power-related issues you’re having with your SoundLink Mini II system. There are a few troubleshooting steps we can go through here that can help to resolve your issue; let’s first identify the version of the SoundLink Mini you have as the steps will differ.

The easiest way to determine if you have the SoundLink Mini Series I or II would be to count the number of buttons on top. The SoundLink Mini I has six buttons and the SoundLink Mini II has five buttons.

If you have the SoundLink Mini I system, please see our thread here which will provide further details.

If you have the SoundLink Mini II system, please continue reading for troubleshooting suggestions.

Try placing your speaker into ship mode to see if that helps. To enable ship mode:

1. Bypass the charging cradle and connect the speaker directly to USB power supply
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

Please also visit our Bose Updater site (btu.bose.com) to attempt an update to the system. The site will provide further instruction on the update process.

These troubleshooting suggestions can also be found here on our YouTube channel.

If the issue persists, it seems we’re unable to correct this with troubleshooting and the system would be in need of service. We suggest reaching out to our technical support team in your region who can help to get you back up and running. Contact details can be found here by selecting your region from the list.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

mmckinnish
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Soundlink Mini II - Flashing Orange Light

The battery light flashes orange/amber when connected to power, but not when playing off the battery. It connects to my iPad and plays music when connected to power and when playing off the battery. I have tried a reset, but the battery light continues to flash orange/amber while connected to power. Suggestions?

Highlighted
leolai
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

SoundLink Mini II battery fail to charge

I haven't used the speaker for 6 months and when I decided to use it, the battery has run out. I charged it for 5 hours but battery level still indicated red icon. I checked the firmware and it is the latest version 1.1.4. Then

reset the speaker and still not charging. I browse through this forum and found out that many users are having the same problem. 

It seems like Bose is designing this product with an artificially limited battery life, and it will become obsolete soon. 

Re: SoundLink Mini II battery fail to charge

Hi leolai,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Can you try the troubleshooting steps located HERE?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Stingo
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Bose Soundlink Mini II does not charge

I've read the threads that claim this issue is solved and followed the steps eg press the multifunction button for 10 seconds then disconnect the power, then let the multifunction button go. An hour later, I still have the flashing amber light. I have been to the btu.bose.com website and my firmware is the latest. I then clicked on Contact. The closest agent is about an eight hour drive each way from here.

Any other suggestions besides buying a different product?

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II does not charge

Hi Stingo,

I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that if you need help you should contact your local support team. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, kindly scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Bobby Y.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Soundlink Mini II will not charge flashing red light

Soundlink mini II stopped charging. Red light flashes. I have tried all the “fix’s” holding the middle button and releasing, updating software. None of it works. Speaker is out of warranty and Bose wants almost half the cost of the speaker to replace the battery.