Jun 20, 2019

SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi MikaelB, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting, as you have already attempted all troubleshooting methods that we have suggested in this thread I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Charlotte_G

Hi pellinwood, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your SoundLink Mini II. 

When do you see the red flashing light? Is this whilst the speaker is charging or when you are checking the battery level?

Are you charging your speaker through a charging cradle? If so, please bypass this and connect the cable directly to the speaker. 

I would also recommend trying another charging cable.

Please perform a reset on your speaker by holding the Power button for 10 seconds.

Also, could you please check for and install the latest firmware update on your speaker. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer/laptop and following the on-screen instructions.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jdward14
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I've tried all the recommendations provided and I am still seeing the flashing red light.

Tegan_M

Hello jdward14,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear you are also experiencing a red flashing light on your SoundLink Mini II Speaker and the recommended troubleshooting had not provided any improvements for you. 

In would next suggest that you place your product into Ship Mode. Entering Ship mode reboots the product but does not erase settings, like language selection or memory of paired Bluetooth® devices.

• Connect the speaker to a power outlet
  • Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  • While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  • Release the Multi-function button
  • To wake the product from Ship mode, reconnect it to a power outlet

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
MikaelB
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

I have the same problem, and have tried all of the suggestions given thus far -- no joy.  My battery is reporting 50%; it has steadily declined over the last couple of weeks.  The unit is always plugged into power.

I checked for upgrades to the firmware, and I am current.  I tried putting it into ship mode, and that didn't change anything.

Hector_B

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hi MikaelB, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am very sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting, as you have already attempted all troubleshooting methods that we have suggested in this thread I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Kestrel19
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Had exactly the same issue on my soundlink 2, tried everything in this thread - same result... looks to be a common issue!!
Gnawmin
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Hi MikaelB,
I had the same pbm and my firmware was up to date too. Nevertheless, I did update of the firmware (@screen that says firmware is up to date version 1.1.4 - hit Tab, A, D, V, up arrow, down arrow - new screen opens - hit update or download) and “wa la” my SoundLink II awoke from its 3 week slumber and my sleepless nights are over.

Happy listening.
Cheers
MikaelB
Participant
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Gnawmin,

Thanks for the tip -- I'm trying it now.  I literally took my unit out of the trash can for the new attempt.  Bose had quoted me a price of about $90 plus three weeks for the repair, so I simply bought a new speaker from another vendor via Amazon for $25.

We should note that the screen where you can update the firmware is on the Bose website.  (I thought it was via the Bose update app!)  Navigate on the website to where it tells you that your firmware is up to date and *then* do the Tab, A, D, V and up-arrow and down-arrow in sequence.  (I also thought you might have to hold them all down at once -- you don't.)

So the firmware is reloaded and the device able to pair.  Now I've connected it to the charger to see if the battery, currently at 20%, can be re-charged.

Gnawmin
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Glad to hear that it’s working. 🙂