Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Blinking red

Hi this is my first time asking for assistance about troubleshooting my Bose Soundlink Speaker II.

My first encounter was the yellow light of the battery icon was flashing so i tried to look for solutions and found out how to reset the speaker just by simply pressing the mute button for about 10 seconds and worked. But looks like i’m having trouble with the red blinking of the light now every time i plug the charger which i actually don't know why it happens or have i done something wrong with the speaker. So I tried resetting it again and it didn’t work. 

I hope you can help me fix the solution.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Bose Mini II still not working any ideas?

I've tried the resent to ship mode technique but that has not worked.  Bose want £50 to ship it to them but with the current situation it will take months to get it back.  I really need music during this lockdown can anyone suggest a reset method please.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

SoundLink Mini II Will Not Charge - Red Light Flashing

My soundlink mini ii won't turn on and light flashes red when trying to charge.  I read a bunch online, and no solution in sight.  I updated firmware on btu.bose.com, but around 90% into the update process, the light starts blinking red again (the updates completes successfully).

I found that for many peole with this issue, downgrading and then upgradging the firmware fixed the issue.  Bose has removed the ability to downgrage to older versions.

I cannot turn on the speaker, so can't try a reset.  I tried going into shipping mode by pressing the multifunction key - the light does flash orange.. i keep it pressed, disconnect and as soon as I do, the light stops.  

Also - does Bose support respond here?  Is this a formal channel to get support? 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

My Bose Soundlink Mini 2 will not power on. On battery, it is completely unresponsive. When plugged in to power, the battery indicator turns orange for a split second, before turning red (solid, not blinking). It then remains like this no matter what I try.

I have followed all troubleshooting tips I have found on this board, nothing helps. I have tried:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/speaker-will-not-turn-on-when-connected-to-ac-power-sound...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/Sound-Link-Mini-II-not-working-on-battery-and-so-degraded-Bas...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable-Archive/Soundlink-Mini-II-won-t-turn-on-unless-plugged-in/td-...

The speaker is up to date, I have let it charge for multiple hours with multiple different cables in different outlets, both before and after the steps described in the above links. Any other steps I can try before sending it back to the factory? I hope to avoid sending it back as that would leave me stuck at home without a speaker for ~3 weeks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Speaker will not charge. Red light blinks. I have tried the reset it did not work. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Soundlink Mini - red light blinking.

I too have the same problem as many with the Bose soundlink. RED LIGHT FLASHING.

I have reset it, and recharged it and nothing. It is only 2 months old. I see many people have this problem... not impressed... help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Bose Soundlink Mini 2 Solid Red Light

My Bose Soundlink Mini 2 won't turn on or charge, it only shows a solid red light when plugged in via the dock or directly into power. I've tried putting in 'ship' mode (holding down the multi-function button for 10 seconds, then unplugging while holding the button), but to no available. Is it completely broken or is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020

Re: Bose Soundlink Mini 2 Solid Red Light

Mine started same problem yesterday. None of recommendations change status. Has it been bricked?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

Re: Soundlink MIni II Will not charge

I have a  soundlink miniii given to me at xmas. It worked fine for about two months following which I was in hospital for about two months. When I got out I tried to charge the speaker. None of the lights came on but when I put the cable in it beeped. I do not have the original packaging and there are no serial numbers on the speaker. I am looking for somewhere in UK to send this for repair can you assist

Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Cannot charge or power on Bose Soundlink Mini II

I have a Soundlink Mini II that I typically keep plugged in using the provided Bose power adaptor and cable. Yesterday, I took the speaker outside and used it on its battery. When I came in, I plugged it back in to charge. I happened to glance at the speaker and saw that the power light was flashing red. I assumed I didn’t plug it all the way in. However, after checking, I found it was plugged in just fine.

Since then, a yellow light flashes briefly when I plug it in but that’s it. I can’t power it on. I also can’t get it to charge. I tried holding the multifunction button down and it does flash yellow. But it still won’t charge. I’m not sure what to do at this point. Please help.