Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundLink Mini II - Solid Red Light, will not power up

Hi andycook,

Thanks for the post. Let's try to reboot the system processor. Connect the speaker to power and press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power. Then release the Multi-function button. 

Re-connect it to power. If the issue continues to persist, we recommend reaching out to your local Bose support by clicking here.

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

thanks tried that and it didnt woek, so of to the Bose shop

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Mohsin_S:

Is this a known issue with the Soundlink Mini II? I'm on my second one after having this problem, and now this one is having the same problem. I've tried different power cords, charging through the dock and connecting the charging cable directly to the speaker. No matter what, it doesn't hold a charge. Works just fine when it's plugged in...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey doubleoseth,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We are not aware of any issues like that. Have you also tried rebooting the system processor? As always, if you need to reach out to your local Bose Support regarding your speaker, you can do so by clicking here.

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Worked for me! Yay!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Re: Soundlink mini 2 - flashing red light

Hi Tony_G,

I have the same issue that Norrsken.

<Running the battery down until you see the red battery status indicator illuminate and then reapplying power should resolve this.>

I can't do it, since it doesn't turn on. The only time I see any activity from it is when I plug into power source and it starts blinking red.

<Also have you tried performing a factory reset? A factory reset clears paired mobile devices and language settings from the speaker and returns it to original factory settings. Press the Power button to turn the speaker on. Press and hold the Power button for ten seconds.>

It's impossible to do it as well, since it doesn't turn on...

Is there any way to reset it via PC/usb cable? Is it possible to reinstall an update via Bose updater? 

Thank you,

Etienne

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

consoni,

Sorry to hear your having issues. Let’s try to reboot the processor,

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold the Multi-function button, unplug the speaker from power
  4. Release the Multi-function button

Note: The system must be re-connected to power to wake it.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, we would recommend contacting your local Bose support by going HERE.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2017

Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot for your help, but it didn't work.

Do you think there's is another way to revive it? I live in Brazil (I couldn't find an official support service on Bose website) and it is out of warranty (I bought it on December 2015)...

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

consoni

Thank you for trying the reset. We would recommend contacting support in Brazil by going HERE.

Hope this helps

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Hi Tony,

I got the same problem with Consoni.
The red light keep flashing although i tried to use dock or direct ac power. I tried to reset by multi function button and power button but they didnt work.
I bought it in EU (UK), it has 2 years warranty. But in my country ( viet nam), warranty period is only 1 year. I dont know that my speaker is out of warranty or not. And i couldnt find the local support in my country, only retailers.

Do you know another way to re-install firmware or something?

Thank you !